What are some examples of oral literature?
- Examples The Iliad Y The odyssey. In the twentieth century researchers showed that Homer’s works, The Iliad Y The odyssey, began as part of an ancient Greek oral tradition. Annals of Tlatelolco. In the opinion of various scholars, the Annals of Tlatelolco they are the oldest record of Mesoamerican oral tradition. The Huehuetlahtolli. Real comments.
What is the meaning of oral literature?
Oral literature or folk literature is a literature that is spoken or sung as opposed to that which is written, though much oral literature has been transcribed. It includes the stories, legends, and history passed from generations in a spoken form.
What are types of oral literature?
- The relation of speech to writing. The example of the epic. Differences between oral and written literatures.
- Oral genres. Folktales. Song. Folk drama. Myth. Legends and historical recitations.
- Performance, content, and distribution.
What is the simplest form of oral literature?
Fairy tales are another favorite oral literary form for Jungian interpretation because they are “the purest and simplest expression of collective unconscious psychic processes,” and they “represent the archetypes in their simplest, barest and most concise form” [Von Franz (134) p.
What is oral literature give examples?
Oral literature is a broad term which may include ritual texts, curative chants, epic poems, musical genres, folk tales, creation tales, songs, myths, spells, legends, proverbs, riddles, tongue-twisters, word games, recitations, life histories or historical narratives.
Why do we study oral literature?
Oral literature serves to communicate ideas, emotions, beliefs and appreciation of life. This literature defines, interprets, and elaborates on the society’s vision of reality and the dangers in the world. It deals with the human adventure and achievements against odds.
What are characteristics of oral literature?
Some of these characteristics are: verbal variability; performance; audience and dynamism. Let us look at them one by one. Oral literature as a composition rendered verbally is highly fluid. You will notice that each oral artist performs a common text in an individual way.
What are the types of literature?
- Drama. Stories composed in verse or prose, usually for theatrical performance, where conflicts and emotion are expressed through dialogue and action.
- Fairy Tale.
- Fiction in Verse.
- Historical Fiction.
What are the 3 main genre of literature?
At the most basic level, there are essentially three main genres for literature – poetry, prose and drama – and each can be broken down even further, resulting in dozens of subgenres for each.
What are the examples of oral tradition?
Oral tradition is information passed down through the generations by word of mouth that is not written down. This includes historical and cultural traditions, literature and law. Explore some oral tradition examples like legends, proverbs, folktales, and customs.