What are some literature words?
Here are 10 of the most common literary devices:
What is literary vocabulary?
Literature vocabulary is comprised of terms and concepts that are specific to the world of literature and literary works. This includes concepts that are used to make up the style, format or plot of different works.
What are the 20 literary devices?
20 Top Poetic Devices to Remember
- Allegory. An allegory is a story, poem, or other written work that can be interpreted to have a secondary meaning.
- Alliteration. Alliteration is the repetition of a sound or letter at the beginning of multiple words in a series.
- Blank Verse.
What are some good vocabulary words?
Explore the Words
- serendipity. good luck in making unexpected and fortunate discoveries.
- keen. intense or sharp.
- dubious. fraught with uncertainty or doubt.
- susurration. an indistinct sound, as of whispering or rustling.
- onomatopoeia. using words that imitate the sound they denote.
- corpus callosum.
What are the 7 literary elements?
Writers of fiction use seven elements to tell their stories:
- Character. These are the beings who inhabit our stories.
- Plot. Plot is what happens in the story, the series of events.
- Setting. Setting is where your story takes place.
- Literary Devices.
What are the most beautiful words?
The 30 Most Beautiful Words in the English Language
- Sibilance. “Sibilance” refers to the distinctive hiss-like sound made by the letter S, or comparable sounds like a soft C.
What vocabulary means?
Vocabulary is all about words — the words in a language or a special set of words you are trying to learn. First used in the 1500s to mean a list of words with explanations, the noun vocabulary came to refer to the “range of language of a person or group” about two hundred years later.
What is literature example?
Literature is defined as books and other written works, especially those considered to have creative or artistic merit or lasting value. Books written by Charles Dickens are an example of literature. Books written on a scientific subject are examples of scientific literature.
What are the three genres of literature?
These sub-genres stem from the three primary forms of literature: Poetry, Drama, and Prose.
What are 5 poetic devices?
What is a anaphora?
An anaphora is a rhetorical device in which a word or expression is repeated at the beginning of a number of sentences, clauses, or phrases.
What are the 10 poetic devices?
10 poetic devices to use in your slam poetry – and how to use them!
- Repetition. Repetition can be used for full verses, single lines or even just a single word or sound.
What is strong vocabulary?
Ways that having a strong vocabulary helps when writing include: being able to choose more descriptive words to help your reader envision what you are describing. being able to adapt your writing for your audience (e.g., simpler words for children and more complex words for college students).
What is a unique word?
To explain this very simply, a unique word is one that’s unusual or different in some way. It might have a complicated history or interesting connections to another language.
What are the new words for 2020?
New Words from 2020
- 2020 (verb): When you bugger things up beyond belief.
- Coronacoaster (noun): The ups and downs of your mood during the pandemic.
- Coronials (n): Babies produced after a year of lockdown.
- Covidiot (n): A person with their brains in their bum when it comes to COVID-19 safety.