What books do you read in world literature?
Top 100 World Literature Titles
- The Alchemist. Add to Wish List.
- All But My Life. Add to Wish List.
- All Quiet on the Western Front. Add to Wish List.
- American Shaolin: Flying Kicks, Buddhist Monks, and the Legend of Iron Crotch: An Odyssey in the New. Add to Wish List.
- Anna Karenina. Add to Wish List.
- Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl.
- Annie John.
What are the 12 masterpieces of world literature?
- The Epic of Gilgamesh.
- Homer, The Odyssey.
- The 1001 Nights.
- Voltaire, Candide.
- Orhan Pamuk, My Name is Red.
- Wole Soyinka, Death and the King’s Horseman.
- Lu Xun, Diary of a Madman.
What are the 10 most read books in the world?
Have You Read The 10 Most–Read Books In The World?
- THE HOLY BIBLE.
- QUOTATIONS FROM CHAIRMAN MAO TSE-TUNG by Mao Tse-Tung.
- HARRY POTTER by J.K. Rowling.
- THE LORD OF THE RINGS by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- THE ALCHEMIST by Paulo Coelho.
- THE DA VINCI CODE by Dan Brown.
- THE TWILIGHT SAGA by Stephanie Meyer.
- GONE WITH THE WIND by Margaret Mitchell.
What are the 10 best books in Philippine literature?
The 10 Best Books in Philippine Literature
- Noli Me Tángere by Dr. José Rizal.
- Florante at Laura by Francisco Balagtas.
- Mga Ibong Mandaragit by Amado V. Hernandez.
- The Woman Who Had Two Navels by Nick Joaquin.
- Po-on A Novel by F. Sionil Jose.
- Banaag at Sikat by Lope K. Santos.
- Ilustrado by Miguel Syjuco.
- Dekada ’70 by Lualhati Bautista.
Which country has the best literature?
For consistency of great literature, it’s hard to beat Russia. It’s true, particularly in the 19th Century, Russia produced a great number of excellent writers: Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Turgenev, Gogol, Chekhov, etc.
What are the 5 Literature of the world?
In World Literature, you will study:
- The Odyssey by Homer.
- Antigone by Sophocles.
- The Aeneid by Virgil.
- Divine Comedy: Inferno by Dante.
- Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes.
- Les Misérables by Victor Hugo.
- The Portable Nineteenth Century Russian Reader edited by George Gibian.
- Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
What are the top 5 books you must read?
- To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee.
- The Great Gatsby, by F Scott Fitzgerald.
- Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe.
- Moby-Dick, by Herman Melville.
- The Color Purple, by Alice Walker.
- Catch-22, by Joseph Heller.
- Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand.
- The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien.
What are the 3 features of world literature?
Literature can be divided into three major types: prose (“ordinary language”), poetry (aesthetically structured language), and drama (literature intended for performance; drama may be composed in either prose or poetry).
What a masterpiece means?
1: a work done with extraordinary skill especially: a supreme intellectual or artistic achievement. 2: a piece of work presented to a medieval guild as evidence of qualification for the rank of master.
What is the #1 best-selling book?
Top 100 best selling books of all time
|SOURCE: NIELSEN BOOK SCAN|
|1||Da Vinci Code,The||Brown, Dan|
|2||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows||Rowling, J.K.|
|3||Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone||Rowling, J.K.|
What is the #1 best-selling book of all time?
Copies Sold: 500 Million
Selling an eye-watering 500 million copies worldwide, Don Quixote is the best-selling book of all time.
What is the 2nd most read book in the world?
He found that the Bible far outsold any other book, with a whopping 3.9 billion copies sold over the last 50 years. “Quotations from the Works of Mao Tse-tung” came in second with 820 million copies sold, and “Harry Potter” came in third with 400 million copies sold.
Who is the father of Philippine literature?
Answer: The Father of Filipino Literature is Francisco Baltazar.
Who is the famous author in the Philippines?
Winning the National Artist award for Literature, Nick Joaquín is probably the most esteemed writer the Philippines has produced. Joaquin came from a well-educated family and was published at the early age of 17.
Who are the Filipino writers?
List of Filipino writers
- Francisco Arcellana.
- Francisco Balagtas.
- Lualhati Bautista.
- Louis Bulaong.
- Carlos Bulosan.
- Cecilia Manguerra Brainard.
- Linda Ty Casper.
- Gilbert Luis R. Centina III.