Who are the top 10 authors?
TOP TEN AUTHORS BY NUMBER OF BOOKS SELECTED
- William Shakespeare — 11.
- William Faulkner — 6.
- Henry James — 6.
- Jane Austen — 5.
- Charles Dickens — 5.
- Fyodor Dostoevsky — 5.
- Ernest Hemingway — 5.
- Franz Kafka — 5.
Who are the best authors today?
The 10 best living American novelists
- Alice Walker. Getty Images.
- Marilynne Robinson. The unprolific author of Housekeeping (1980) and Gilead (2004) has brought to American fiction a spiritual quality rare among her cockily rationalistic generation of writers.
- Jonathan Franzen.
- Michael Chabon.
- Bret Easton Ellis.
- George Saunders.
- Rachel Kushner.
- Anne Tyler.
What are the 10 books Everyone should read?
Here’s the full, ranked list:
- “To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee.
- “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen.
- “The Diary of Anne Frank” by Anne Frank.
- “1984” by George Orwell.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” by J.K. Rowling.
- “The Lord of the Rings” (1-3) by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- “The Great Gatsby” by F.
What are the top 5 books you must read?
- To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee.
- The Great Gatsby, by F Scott Fitzgerald.
- Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe.
- Moby-Dick, by Herman Melville.
- The Color Purple, by Alice Walker.
- Catch-22, by Joseph Heller.
- Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand.
- The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien.
Who is the best-selling author 2020?
The New York Times Fiction Best Sellers of 2020
|March 15||Blindside||James Patterson and James O. Born|
|March 22||House of Earth and Blood||Sarah J. Maas|
|March 29||The Mirror and the Light||Hilary Mantel|
|April 5||The Boy from the Woods||Harlan Coben|
What is the #1 best-selling book of all time?
Copies Sold: 500 Million
Selling an eye-watering 500 million copies worldwide, Don Quixote is the best-selling book of all time.
What authors have sold the most books?
List of best-selling fiction authors
|Author||Min. estimated sales||Number of books|
|William Shakespeare||2 billion||42|
|Agatha Christie||2 billion||85|
|Barbara Cartland||500 million||723|
|Danielle Steel||500 million||179|
Who is the best fantasy author?
J. R. R. Tolkien
The acknowledged king of fantasy, Tolkien singlehandedly brought the genre to mainstream popularity with his Lord of the Rings saga. Wizards, elves, dwarves, dragons, magic swords and a dark tower ruled by an evil lord; all of these concepts had their modern origins in Tolkiens’ work.
Who is the most influential writer?
Top 10 Influential Writers That Changed the World
- Mark Twain. – Mark Twain.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. – Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- HG Wells. – H.G. Wells.
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky. – Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
- Charles Darwin. – Charles Darwin.
- Rene Descartes. – Rene Descartes.
- William Shakespeare. – William Shakespeare.
- Charles Dickens. – Charles Dickens.
What is the hardest book to read?
Please use the comments to tell us/humble brag about the hardest book you’ve ever read!
- The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
- Distinction: A Social Critique of the Judgement of Taste by Pierre Bourdieu.
- Ulysses by James Joyce.
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.
What are the top 10 books to read in 2020?
The 10 Best Fiction Books of 2020
- The Vanishing Half, Brit Bennett.
- Shuggie Bain, Douglas Stuart.
- The Mirror & the Light, Hilary Mantel.
- A Children’s Bible, Lydia Millet.
- Homeland Elegies, Ayad Akhtar.
- I Hold a Wolf by the Ears, Laura van den Berg.
- A Burning, Megha Majumdar.
- Deacon King Kong, James McBride.
What is the greatest book ever written?
Here is a list of 12 novels that, for various reasons, have been considered some of the greatest works of literature ever written.
- Anna Karenina. Greta Garbo in Anna Karenina.
- To Kill a Mockingbird. To Kill a Mockingbird.
- The Great Gatsby. F.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude.
- A Passage to India.
- Invisible Man.
- Don Quixote.
What are the 10 most popular books?
25 Best-Selling Books of All-Time
- #1 – Don Quixote (500 million copies sold)
- #2 – A Tale of Two Cities (200 million copies sold)
- #3 – The Lord of the Rings (150 million copies sold)
- #4 – The Little Prince (142 million copies sold)
- #5 – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (107 million copies sold)
What is the most read book in the world?
The most read book in the world is the Bible. Writer James Chapman created a list of the most read books in the world based on the number of copies each book sold over the last 50 years. He found that the Bible far outsold any other book, with a whopping 3.9 billion copies sold over the last 50 years.
What books are a must read?
100 must-read classic books, as chosen by our readers
- Pride and Prejudice. Jane Austen. buy the book.
- To Kill A Mockingbird. Harper Lee. Buy the book.
- The Great Gatsby. F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude. Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Buy the book.
- In Cold Blood. Truman Capote.
- Wide Sargasso Sea. Jean Rhys.
- Brave New World. Aldous Huxley.
- I Capture the Castle. Dodie Smith.