Creating a chart using the Insert Chart feature
- Select Insert > Chart, or click the Insert Chart icon. on the Standard toolbar. A chart appears that has been created using sample data.
- To enter your own data in the chart, see Entering chart data.
How do you make an XY graph in openoffice?
A simple scatter plot
- Select (highlight) the data to be graphed.
- Insert > Chart > Next.
- Select the XY chart > Next.
- Accept the symbols only selection > Next.
- Add a title: Weather Conditions.
- Check the box beside the x-axis label to accept the label Wind speed (km/hr).
How do you make a bar graph on pages?
Creating a Basic Bar Graph
- Create a new document.
- Click the Charts button on the toolbar.
- Select the first type of chart, called a column chart.
- You should see a sample chart.
- The Chart Data Editor should also appear as a separate window.
- To add another item to the chart, click the Add Column button.
How do I edit a graph in openoffice?
Double -click the chart so that it is enclosed by a gray border indicating edit mode; then, select the chart element that you want to format. Choose Format from the menu bar, or right-click to display a pop-up (context) menu relevant to the selected element. The formatting choices are as follows.
How do I draw a line in open office?
Drawing a straight line Drag the mouse while keeping the mouse button pressed. Release the mouse button at the point where you want to end the line. A blue or green selection handle appears at each end of the line, showing that this is the currently selected object.
What is chart in OpenOffice Calc?
OpenOffice.org Calc lets you present data graphically in a chart, so that you can visually compare data series and view trends in the data.
What is chart in Calc?
A chart or a graph is simply a visualization of spreadsheet data. A chart can create a clear picture of a set of data and allow users to better understand the results and see patterns inside the data.
How do I create a bar chart in Excel?
How to make a bar graph in Excel
- Highlight the range of data you want to represent. You can either click and drag for several neighboring columns.
- Click on “Insert” in the top toolbar, then click on the Bar Chart icon in the Charts group.
- Within any graph type, you can represent your data as clustered or stacked.
How do I make a bar graph?
How to make a bar graph.
- Start with the data. Have your X- and Y-axis data ready.
- Customize your bar chart. Once your data is in, choose the Design tab to explore color themes.
- Download and share. Download your chart to showcase it on presentations, emails, social platforms, or even printed material.
How do I make graphs using Excel?
How to Make a Graph in Excel
- Enter your data into Excel.
- Choose one of nine graph and chart options to make.
- Highlight your data and click ‘Insert’ your desired graph.
- Switch the data on each axis, if necessary.
- Adjust your data’s layout and colors.
- Change the size of your chart’s legend and axis labels.
How do I add error bars in open office?
- Select a data series by Edit and then select one of the data series and double-click as when selecting a line for editing.
- Then go Insert > Statistics and click on the error type and symbol type desired.
How do you make a graph on calculator?
Following are the steps to insert chart in Calc Click the Insert menu at the uppermost of the Calc program window. Choose Chart in the Insert menu to open the chart wizard. The chart wizard steps you through the process to create a chart, counting the types you want to use, the title, axis, legends, etc.
What does a line chart represent?
A line chart is a type of chart used to show information that changes over time. Line charts are created by plotting a series of several points and connecting them with a straight line. Line charts are used to track changes over short and long periods of time.