Step #1 – Pick a Domain Name
- Keep it short. Having a domain name that is too long will be hard to remember and you run the risk your prospective clients will forget it or misspell it.
- Make it easy to type. Don’t include weird slang, spellings, or hyphens in your domain name.
- Make sure it’s available.
How do I choose an author for my domain name?
Make It Memorable
- Short domain names are easier to remember.
- So are names that are catchy and easy to pronounce and spell.
- Also, make your domain name unique. Make sure it doesn’t sound too generic. Don’t imitate another author’s domain.
- Avoid numbers and hyphens. They complicate everything.
What should a freelance writer website include?
Here are must-have pages for every freelance writer website:
- Home – Who you are, what you do, what makes you and your services special, what you want people to do next.
- Portfolio (or Blog)
- Services – What clients hire you to do and the benefits that your involvement delivers.
How do I name my freelance writing business?
5 Things Your Business Name Needs
- 1 Use a Simple and Short Name. Whether you’re a blogger or virtual assistant or freelance writer, when you start an online business, your name needs to be:
- 2 Use an Identifier in Your Name.
- 3 Be Less Generic, More Memorable.
- 4 Consider Using Your Name.
- 5 Check Social Media.
How much should a freelance writer charge per 1000 words?
Let’s say 5 hours per week / 20 hours per month. Divide the income goal number by the hours. In this case, $2,000 divided by 20 is $100. Find the per word fee in the table above which matches this hourly rate.
Is Wix good for writers?
If you want the largest selection of designated templates for authors, Wix is by far the best choice. You can also take advantage of its great free apps, including the Amazon integration.
Does an author need a website?
Authors need websites dedicated to their work. You’ll want to have a website even before you sell your book. It’s ideal to include a link to your website in your signature for query letters to agents and publishers, for example.
Should I have a website as a freelance writer?
If you want to be successful as a freelance writer, you absolutely must set up your freelance writer website and optimize it for your niche. And the underlying message always seems to be that if you don’t have a website, you’ll never be seen as credible to potential clients.
How do I set up a website as a freelance writer?
How to Build a Great Freelance Writer Website (7 Steps)
- Brand Your Business. Time to pick a name, business owner!
- Choose a Content Management System.
- Register a Domain and Set up Hosting.
- Choose a WordPress Theme.
- Decide What Content Your Site Needs.
- Create the Content.
- Bad Visuals.
How do I set up as a freelance writer?
How to become a freelance writer
- Decide what you want to write. The first step to becoming a freelance writer is knowing what kind of writing you want to do.
- Set a goal.
- Get writing.
- Set up a website.
- Keep a swipe file.
- Take a course.
- Get some experience.
- Learn how to pitch.
Do freelancers need Llc?
Even if you do not have employees or a catchy company name, you may want to consider forming a limited liability company (LLC) for your freelancing work. It is relatively simple to set up, does not require too much maintenance, and may provide some benefits for your business.
Should I name my freelance writing business?
The benefits of using your given name for your freelance business. For most freelancers, using your actual name is the best way to go. Not only is it great for personal branding, but it just makes your life easier. You’ve got clients and confusing tax forms now — You need something simple in your life.
Where can I find freelance writing jobs?
Here are some of the best places to find freelance writing jobs online:
- Freelance Writers Den.
- Opportunities of the Week.
- 5. Alexis Grant’s Database of Writers.
- Working In Content.
- Human Jobs.
- ProBlogger Job Board.
How much should a beginner freelance writer charge?
A fair freelance writer rate by the word: ranges between. 20 cents for newbies, and $1 for experienced writers. A fair freelance writer rate by the hour: ranges from $30 for beginners to over $100 an hour for experienced writers.
What is a good freelance writing rate?
A good intermediate rate is $125–200 per article. For experts, $250+ per article is better. For articles that require a lot of research, interviews, and are longer, you need to charge $500 and up. As I mentioned I started on the low end but I made $400 that first month as a new freelance writer.
How much should I charge for writing a 500 word article?
Highlights from the rate guide: The average freelance bloggers make (from this survey) is $54 per 500 words. Bloggers with less than 1 year of experience typically charge around $50 per 500 words.