Cite Your Sources in MLA format. Format: Author. “Title of Poem.” The Norton Anthology of American Literature, edited by Robert S. Levine, 9th ed., W. W. Norton, 2016, page range of poem.13 okt. 2021
How do I cite the Norton Anthology of English Literature 9th edition?
“Title of Poem.” The Norton Anthology of American Literature, edited by Robert S. Levine, 9th ed., W. W. Norton, 2016, page range of poem. Format: Author(s). “Title of Article.” Title of Journal, vol.
How do I cite the Norton Anthology of World Literature?
Citing the Norton Anthology
- WORKS CITED:
- Author’s last name, first name.
- IN TEXT: Use parenthetical citations AFTER the quote!
- AVOID SAYING PAGE/LINE NUMBERS IN SENTENCE ITSELF: In Chapter 1, Arjuna says, “O Krishna, what good is kingship?/What good even life and pleasure?”
How do I cite an anthology?
Q. How do I cite and reference a work from an anthology or an edited collection of works?
- In-text citation: (Author, 1989/2019)
- Reference entry: Author, A. (2019). Title of original work. In E. Editor (Ed.). Title of anthology or collection in sentence case and italics (pp. xx-xxx). City, Country/State: Publisher.
How do you cite the Norton Introduction to Literature in MLA?
In-Text Citation Format: (Editor’s or Editors’ Last Name(s) Page Number). Example: Mays, Kelly J., editor. The Norton Introduction to Literature. Shorter 12th ed., W.W. Norton, 2016.
When was the Norton Anthology of English Literature 9th edition published?
The ninth edition was released in 2012, marking 50 years of the anthology’s existence.
Who wrote the Norton Anthology of English Literature?
The Norton Anthology of English Literature | Stephen Greenblatt | W. W. Norton & Company.
How do you do a work cited page?
- Begin your Works Cited page on a separate page at the end of your research paper.
- Label the page Works Cited (do not italicize the words Works Cited or put them in quotation marks) and center the words Works Cited at the top of the page.
- Double space all citations, but do not skip spaces between entries.
How do you cite a library book?
- Author (last name, initials only for first & middle names)
- Publication date.
- Title (in italics; capitalize only the first word of title and subtitle, and proper nouns)
- Publisher (Note: do not include publisher location)
- For books retrieved online, include DOI, if available.
How do you cite Gilgamesh?
Type a period, a space, and “Epic of Gilgamesh” in italics followed by a period. Type the edition number of the specific book you are looking at. For example, “3rd ed.” Type the name of the city, a comma, and the abbreviation for the state where the book was published.
What is an example of an anthology?
The definition of an anthology is a book with many writings by only one author. An example of an anthology is a book that contains many of Shakespeare’s plays. A published collection of poems, stories, songs, excerpts, etc. An example of an anthology is the collection titled, The Beatles’ Anthology.
How do you reference a reader?
Locate the same information as you would for the APA style: the year the reader was first published and the course instructor who published it. Cite your source in the text thus: (Author course reader publication date, course reader page). Note that there is no comma between the author and the date.
How do you cite a story in an anthology?
Write the author’s last name, followed by the first name, on a separate bibliography page. Type the title of the short story in quotation marks, the title of the anthology, the editor of the anthology, the page numbers you referred to, the place of publication, the publisher and the date of publication.
Who is the publisher of The Norton Introduction to Literature?
|Publisher:||Norton, W. W. & Company, Inc.|
|Edition description:||Shorter Thirteenth Edition|
How do you cite in MLA format?
MLA citing format often includes the following pieces of information, in this order: Author’s Last name, First name. “Title of Source.” Title of Container, other contributors, version, numbers, publisher, publication date, location.
How do you cite Norton Critical Edition MLA?
To cite a critical essay published in the same volume as a literary work, follow the MLA format template. List the author of the essay, followed by the title. Then list the name of the volume from which you accessed the essay, followed by the the volume’s publication details.