What books do middle schoolers read?
Classics for Middle School Readers
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. by Verne, Jules.
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. by Twain, Mark.
- Anne of Green Gables. by Montgomery, L. M.
- The Call of the Wild. by London, Jack.
- The Chronicles of Narnia. by Lewis, C. S.
- The Giver. by Lowry, Lois.
- Hatchet. by Paulsen, Gary.
- The Hobbit, Or, There and Back Again.
What are the best books for middle schoolers?
Fitting In, Sticking Out, and Finding Yourself: 16 Books for Middle Schoolers
- Middle School Bites. by Steven Banks, illustrated by Mark Fearing.
- All’s Faire in Middle School.
- The 47 People You’ll Meet in Middle School.
- Lights, Camera, Middle School!
- Middle School’s a Drag, You Better Werk!
- Harbor Me.
- Dress Coded.
What are the best books for 7th graders?
Best book series for 7th graders — ever
- The American Fairy Trilogy. by: Sarah Zettel – (Bluefire, 2013) 320 pages.
- CHERUB series. by: Robert Muchamore – (Simon Pulse, 2013)
- Dairy Queen series.
- The Ender quintet.
- Eragon: The Inheritance Cycle, Book 1.
- The Girl of Fire and Thorns trilogy.
- The Hunger Games series.
- Little Women.
What books should every 8th grader read?
Books for Grade 8 – our recommendations
- My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell.
- Animal Farm by George Orwell.
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie.
- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.
- Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank.
- The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner.
What are good books for high schoolers?
The List of Indispensable Books
- To Kill a Mockingbird. Harper Lee’s seminal coming-of-age story set in the fictional southern town of Maycomb, Alabama.
- Nineteen Eighty-Four.
- Lord of the Flies.
- Animal Farm.
- Catcher in the Rye.
- The Grapes of Wrath.
- Invisible Man.
- The Alchemist.
How do you write a 7th grade book report?
Always include the following elements in any book report:
- the type of book report you are writing.
- the title of the book.
- the author of the book.
- the time when the story takes place.
- the location where the story takes place.
- the names and a brief description of each of the characters you will be discussing.
Is Harry Potter a middle grade book?
Harry Potter belongs to the Middle–Grade, or Children’s, category.
What age is middle grade books?
Most middle grade books are designated by publishers for ages eight to 12, while middle school students range in age from 10 to 15.
What grade level is Harry?
Harry Potter Books Harry Potter Books
|Title||Lexile Rank||Grade Reading Level|
|Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone / Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone||880L||5-6|
|Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets||940L||5-6|
|Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban||880L||5-6|
|Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire||880L||5-6|
What are good 12 13 year old books?
Here are 25 great book ideas for 12–year–olds.
- The Night Diary. Heart-Wrenching.
- The Girl Who Drank the Moon. For Magic Lovers.
- Percy Jackson Series. An Addictive Supernatural Series.
- Up for Air. Perfect for Swimmers.
- Harry Potter Series. A Staple for All.
- The Science of Breakable Things.
- Mostly the Honest Truth.
- Track Series.
Is wonder a 7th grade book?
Suggested Reading/Grade Level
The suggested age level is 8-12 years old and the grade level is 3-7. The book has a Lexile of 790, a Guided Reading level of U and a DRA level of 50.
How fast should a 7th grader read?
McCracken (1967) said that 300 wpm is the suggested minimum speed of reading in basal readers for students in Grade 7. Carver (1982) reported that 300 wpm is the optimal rate of reading for college students, Grades 13-16.
What books should 12 year olds read?
- These characters grow and change by facing life’s challenges. Readers will connect with the struggles of daily life and growing up.
- Al Capone Does My Shirts. by Gennifer Choldenko.
- As Brave As You. by Jason Reynolds.
- Goodbye Stranger. by Rebecca Stead.
- Touching Spirit Bear.
What do 8th graders read in English?
8th Grade Reading List Books
- The Hobbit, or There and Back Again (Paperback) J.R.R. Tolkien.
- The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) Suzanne Collins.
- Fahrenheit 451 (Kindle Edition)
- Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, #1)
- Night (The Night Trilogy, #1)
- To Kill a Mockingbird (Paperback)
- Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry (Logans, #4)
- The Strange Case of Dr.
What are 6th graders reading?
SIXTH GRADE SUMMER READING LIST
- Bridge to Terabithia. by Katherine Paterson, Donna Diamond (illus.)
- Catherine, Called Birdy. by Karen Cushman.
- The Complete Chronicles of Narnia. by C. S. Lewis, Chris Van Allsburg (illus.)
- The Egypt Game.
- The Giver.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.
- I Heard the Owl Call My Name.
- The Island.