What is the most famous line in English literature?
Famous Literary Quotes
- “It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to than I have ever known.”
- “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
- “You have brains in your head.
- “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.”
What is a good opening line?
If you want a good opening line, hone in on something that’s unconnected to how they look. There’s no need to write an essay here. “One short, positive remark, directly addressing the person’s character or photo, will do,” say Khan and Chaudry.
Can you identify literature’s famous opening lines?
“If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you‘ll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don’t feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth.”
What is a good opening sentence?
An opening line should invite the reader to begin the story. It should say: Listen. Come in here. You want to know about this.
What are the 5 sentences?
- My mom taught me to finish everything on my plate at dinner.
- The only problem with a pencil, is that they do not stay sharp long enough.
- Our school building is made of bricks.
- Every night I get woken up by the sound of a barking dog across the street.
- Salad is for rabbits.
What is the most beautiful quote?
Enjoy our collection of magnificently beautiful quotes
- “Dwell on the beauty of life.
- “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!”
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.”
- “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.”
What are opening lines?
Opening lines are the initial portions of dialogue or text in a written book or other media work often constituted by at least the first sentence or a fragment thereof. A good opening line, or incipit, is usually considered desirable.
What is a good first message on hinge?
According to a spokesperson for Hinge, you’ll also want to say something that can lead into a conversation. “Hey” may feel like a safe bet, but it a) won’t make you stand out, and b) is super easy to ignore. Instead, think about fun, open-ended questions, that help you start to get to know each other.
Whats a good opening line on a dating site?
Suggested lines: “I’m new to this dating scene and to be honest, it kind of scares me”; “I don’t normally contact people on this, but I find you very intriguing”; “How does a person like me get a date with someone like you?”
What is the first line of Ulysses?
Ulysses (1922)“Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed.” This is the classic third-person opening to the 20th-century novel that has shaped modern fiction, pro and anti, for almost a hundred years.
What is the first line of The Great Gatsby?
The first line reads: ‘In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since. Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone, he told me, just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.
What are the opening lines of Rebecca?
Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
“Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again.”
What is a catchy opening sentence?
A hook in the essay is a catchy sentence or paragraph in the introduction which serves as an attention-grabbing element. The effectiveness of the hook is defined by its ability to motivate people to read the entire text.
How do you write a good opening line?
6 Tips for Writing a Great Opening Line
- State your theme.
- Begin with a strange detail.
- Establish your character’s voice.
- Introduce your narrative style.
- Convey the stakes.
- Set the scene.
How do you write a good introductory sentence?
- Attract the Reader’s Attention. Begin your introduction with a “hook” that grabs your reader’s attention and introduces the general topic.
- State Your Focused Topic. After your “hook”, write a sentence or two about the specific focus of your paper.
- State your Thesis. Finally, include your thesis statement.