What is an example of exposition?
Exposition is the first part of the plot sequence in a story. The beginning of the story where the characters and setting are introduced is called the exposition. Romeo and his friends decide to mask themselves and attend a party at the Capulets’-when Romeo sees Juliet, the action begins to rise.
What is exposition in simple words?
1: a setting forth of the meaning or purpose (as of a writing) 2a: discourse or an example of it designed to convey information or explain what is difficult to understand.
Which is the best example of exposition?
Popular Examples of Exposition
You’ve no doubt read or heard the opening line many times: ‘A long time ago in a galaxy far away, far away…’ The opening title sequence in Star Wars is an excellent example of exposition in film. In a novel, the author typically places the backstory at the beginning.
What is the meaning of exposition in a plot?
It is the background information on the characters and setting explained at the beginning of the story. The EXPOSITION will often have information about events that happened before the story began. The EXPOSITION is often the very first part of the PLOT.
How do you explain exposition?
Narrative exposition is the insertion of background information within a story or narrative. This information can be about the setting, characters’ backstories, prior plot events, historical context, etc. In literature, exposition appears in the form of expository writing embedded within the narrative.
What are the 3 parts of an exposition?
1) Exposition (introduction) – Beginning of the story; characters, background, and setting revealed. 2) Rising Action – Events in the story become complicated; the conflict is revealed. These are events between the introduction and climax. 3) Climax – Turning point of the story.
What is another name for exposition?
SYNONYMS FOR exposition
1 exhibit, demonstration, display, presentation. 3 elucidation, commentary; critique, interpretation, exegesis, explication.
What 4 components are included in the exposition?
plot, characters, setting, resolution.
How do you use exposition in a sentence?
Exposition sentence example
- The President of the Exposition gave her this letter:
- His special work was the exposition of the Old and New Testaments in the light of his great Oriental learning and according to his characteristic principle of “natural explanation.”
- In 1887 the Piedmont Exposition was held in Atlanta.
What do I write for exposition?
Writing story exposition: Examples and tips
- Introduce curious information about your characters.
- Be imaginative in how you introduce character background.
- Create unknowns readers urgently want answered.
- Build story exposition using dramatic contrast.
- Start with vivid place or a strong narrator’s voice.
What is exposition in teaching?
Exposition is the part of a lesson where the teacher can explicitly teach their pupils. This includes explaining, modelling and demonstrating. Exposition provides an opportunity for teachers to set things out clearly.
What is exposition in communication?
Exposition comes from the Latin, meaning “a showing forth.” One of four rhetorical modes of communication — the others are description, narration, and argumentation — it is the part of a story where the narrator provides necessary background information to readers so that they can understand narrative events as they
What is the difference between exposition and description?
Description shows what is happening, and exposition summarizes aspects of the story the reader needs to know.
How do you start an exposition in a story?
4 Tips for Writing Exposition
- Begin with intriguing details.
- Break up long stretches of exposition with dialogue.
- Build tension through dramatic contrast.
- Leave unanswered questions.