- ” That’s What Friends Are For ” is a song written by Burt Bacharach and Carole Bayer Sager. It was first recorded in 1982 by Rod Stewart for the soundtrack of the film Night Shift, but it is better known for the 1985 cover version by Dionne Warwick, Elton John, Gladys Knight, and Stevie Wonder.
Who wrote the song thats what friends are for?
“That’s What Friends Are For” is a song written by Burt Bacharach and Carole Bayer Sager. It was first recorded in 1982 by Rod Stewart for the soundtrack of the film Night Shift, but it is better known for the 1985 cover version by Dionne Warwick, Elton John, Gladys Knight, and Stevie Wonder.
Who wrote for Dionne Warwick?
With long-time collaborator Hal David, Bacharach wrote signature songs for Dionne Warwick. including a string of 39 consecutive chart hits including “Walk On By,” “Don’t Make Me Over,” and “I’ll Never Fall In Love Again.”
Is Dionne Warwick a songwriter?
Born Marie Dionne Warrick in East Orange, New Jersey, Dionne Warwick’s celebrated career as a singer, songwriter and television host has spanned five decades. Warwick comes from a family of celebrated musicians; her mother sang with, and was manager of, the renowned gospel group The Drinkard Singers.
What is the meaning of Thats what friends are for?
It’s like saying you’re welcome to a friend. It means “I did what I did because the purpose of a friend is to help ” Example A: I can’t believe I just cried so much. Thanks for listening to me while I talked about my ex-boyfriend. B: That’s what friends are for.
How old is Dionne Warwick?
Whitney Houston grew up wanting to follow in the footsteps of her mother, gospel singer Cissy Houston, her cousin, pop star Dionne Warwick, and her godmother, Aretha Franklin.
What is Dionne Warwick’s most famous song?
Dionne Warwick’s greatest tracks – ranked!
- Trains and Boats and Planes (1966)
- Heartbreaker (1982)
- Anyone Who Had a Heart (1964)
- This Girl’s in Love With You (1969)
- You’ll Never Get to Heaven (If You Break My Heart) (1964)
- Are You There (With Another Girl) (1965)
- Do You Know the Way to San Jose? (1968)
- Walk on By (1964)
How many Burt Bacharach songs did Dionne Warwick record?
Dionne Warwick Hits Around this time Bacharach heard backup singer Warwick perform with the soul group the Drifters. He was impressed by her talent and Warwick was soon interpreting many of the pair’s songs. Between 1962 and 1968, Warwick took a whopping 15 Bacharach/David songs into the Top 40.
Does Dionne Warwick have a talk show?
Dionne Warwick made a special appearance on “Saturday Night Live” during a ‘The Dionne Warwick Talk Show’ sketch.