What books should every high school student read?
The List of Indispensable Books
- To Kill a Mockingbird. Harper Lee’s seminal coming-of-age story set in the fictional southern town of Maycomb, Alabama.
- Nineteen Eighty-Four.
- Lord of the Flies.
- Animal Farm.
- Catcher in the Rye.
- The Grapes of Wrath.
- Invisible Man.
- The Alchemist.
What is the most read book in high school?
Here are some of the books that most often appear on high school reading lists:
- Shakespeare’s Macbeth is on most schools’ lists.
- Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet is also on the list.
- Shakespeare’s Hamlet, a story of an angst-ridden prince whose father has been murdered by his uncle, also tops independent schools’ lists.
What are the top 10 books to read in 2020?
The 10 Best Fiction Books of 2020
- The Vanishing Half, Brit Bennett.
- Shuggie Bain, Douglas Stuart.
- The Mirror & the Light, Hilary Mantel.
- A Children’s Bible, Lydia Millet.
- Homeland Elegies, Ayad Akhtar.
- I Hold a Wolf by the Ears, Laura van den Berg.
- A Burning, Megha Majumdar.
- Deacon King Kong, James McBride.
What books should a high school freshman read?
Whether you read the following for a school assignment or just for leisure, here are a few must read books for high school students:
- To Kill a Mockingbird. Source: Behance.
- Fahrenheit 451. Source: BookRiot.
- Animal Farm. Source: SchoolWorkHelper.
- The Great Gatsby.
- Death of a Salesman.
- East of Eden.
- Romeo and Juliet.
What books should a 16 year old read?
16 coming-of-age books every 16-year-old should read
- The Harry Potter series. JK Rowling, 1997-2011.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Stephen Chbosky, 1999.
- The Outsiders. SE Hinton, 1967.
- To Kill a Mockingbird. Harper Lee, 1960.
- The Lord of The Rings. JRR Tolkien, 1954.
- The Catcher in the Rye. JD Salinger, 1951.
- Great Expectations. Charles Dickens, 1861.
What is the longest book ever written?
Over the years, there has been some controversy over what constitutes the world’s longest novel. The Guinness Book of World Records gives the honor to Marcel Proust’s elephantine Remembrance of Things Past, weighing in at 9,609,000 characters (including spaces).
Is The Alchemist appropriate for high school students?
Paulo Coehlo’s The Alchemist is the perfect “self-help” book for high school students because it comes in the form of a readable parable, and the narrative helps to disguise the preachy nature of many books designed to help teens find themselves and find their way in the world.
What books do you read in 9th grade?
Books for Grade 9 – our recommendations
- Amos Fortune, Free Man by Elizabeth Yates.
- Nothing by Janne Teller.
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding.
- Catch-22 by Joseph Heller.
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
- The Catcher in the Rye by J D Salinger.
- Looking for Alaska by John Green.
What is the most popular book?
According to Guinness World Records as of 1995, the Bible is the best-selling book of all time with an estimated 5 billion copies sold and distributed. Sales estimates for other printed religious texts include at least 800 million copies for the Qur’an and 190 million copies for the Book of Mormon.
What are the top 5 books you must read?
- To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee.
- The Great Gatsby, by F Scott Fitzgerald.
- Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe.
- Moby-Dick, by Herman Melville.
- The Color Purple, by Alice Walker.
- Catch-22, by Joseph Heller.
- Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand.
- The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien.
What is the #1 book in the world?
Top 100 best selling books of all time
|1||Da Vinci Code,The||Brown, Dan|
|2||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows||Rowling, J.K.|
|3||Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone||Rowling, J.K.|
|4||Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix||Rowling, J.K.|
What books must I read before I die?
Here’s the full, ranked list:
- “To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee.
- “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen.
- “The Diary of Anne Frank” by Anne Frank.
- “1984” by George Orwell.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” by J.K. Rowling.
- “The Lord of the Rings” (1-3) by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- “The Great Gatsby” by F.
What is the hardest book to read?
Please use the comments to tell us/humble brag about the hardest book you’ve ever read!
- The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
- Distinction: A Social Critique of the Judgement of Taste by Pierre Bourdieu.
- Ulysses by James Joyce.
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.
What books should a 14 year old read?
Get The Latest Deals!
- The Martian: Classroom Edition. Author: Andy Weir.
- Jasper Jones. Author: Craig Silvey.
- Eragon. Author: Christopher Paolini.
- Coraline. Author: Neil Gaiman.
- Life of Pi. Author: Yann Martel.
- The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians) Author: Rick Riordan.
- The Graveyard Book. Author: Neil Gaiman.
What is the reading level for 9th grade?
Average Reading Level of 9-12th Graders is 5.3.