What do you say to honor veterans?
To our men and women in uniform, past, present, and future, God bless you and thank you. To those in uniform serving today and to those who have served in the past, we honor you today and every day. Home of the free because of the brave. To all who have put their lives on the line in defense of the flat, thank you.
How do you thank a veteran with words?
I am sincerely grateful for your service and sacrifice. Thank you for your service! I’m certain it comes with many sacrifices and I thank you and your family each and everyday. Words are not enough to express the gratitude I hold in my heart for our veterans.
What do you say to a veteran today?
To all the veterans out there… we salute you! Thank you for your service and sacrifice! Thank you to all members of our military, in all branches, past and present, living and dead. On this day, we honor all current and former members of the Armed Services.
What do you say in a veterans card?
Veterans Day thank you messages
- Thank you for bravely doing what you were called to do so we can safely do what we’re free to do.
- Thank you for serving our nation, our debt can never be repaid.
- Thank you for defending our freedom.
- God bless you and thank you for your bravery.
What to say instead of thank you for your service?
Here are a few ways to consider doing so.
- ‘You’re my hero. ‘
- ‘I have my freedoms because of you. ‘
- ‘Your service made it possible for all of us to be the country we are today. ‘
- ‘Thinking of you today.
- ‘We miss you at home, but we know you’re giving the ultimate sacrifice.
What are veterans quotes?
- “In the face of impossible odds, people who love this country, can change it.” –
- “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” –
- “America without her soldiers would be like God without His angels.” –
How do you show appreciation in words?
Other ways to say thank you in any occasion
- I appreciate what you did.
- Thank you for thinking of me.
- Thank you for your time today.
- I value and respect your opinion.
- I am so thankful for what you did.
- I wanted to take the time to thank you.
- I really appreciate your help. Thank you.
- Your kind words warmed my heart.
How do you show military appreciation?
Here are five ways to honor our veterans and active duty members.
- Send a care package. Contact Operation Gratitude to find out how you can lift the spirits of new recruits, U.S. service members deployed overseas, and America’s wounded heroes.
- Organize an online school event.
- Assist disabled veterans.
What should you not say to a veteran?
20 Things You Should Never Say to Someone in the Military
- “How many people have you killed?” Shutterstock.
- “What kind of action did you see in combat?”
- “When are you done?”
- “I’m glad you made it back in one piece.”
- “How could you leave your family for so long?”
- “What do you think about what’s going on in the news?”
- “What’s it really like over there?”
- “Did anyone you know die?”
What is the best thing to say to a veteran on Veterans Day?
GRATITUDE: With gratitude for your service to America on Veterans Day and always. Thinking of you on Veterans Day, and thanking you for all you did for our country. Those who live in freedom will always be grateful to those who helped preserve it.
How do you honor a veteran?
8 Ways to Express Appreciation on Veterans Day
- Show Up. Attend a Veterans Day event in your area — not just a picnic with friends but an honest-to-goodness parade or service for veterans.
- Fly a flag – correctly.
- Ask someone about their service.
- Don’t Confuse Veterans Day with Memorial Day.
- Visit a VA Hospital.
- Get Outdoors with a Veteran.
Is it OK for a civilian to salute a veteran?
Civilians should not salute the American Flag with a military salute. The military salute is considered a privilege earned by those who have served in the Armed Forces and is reserved for official protocols. Civilians should follow specific etiquette during the National Anthem.
How do you thank a veteran in a card?
- Thank you for ensuring the freedoms I enjoy every day. Happy Veterans Day!
- Your service will never be forgotten. Happy Veterans Day!
- I am forever grateful for the service you give. Happy Veterans Day!
- I will always appreciate you. Happy Veterans Day!
- Your sacrifice can never be repaid. Happy Veterans Day!
Why should you thank a veteran?
These men and women deserve our gratitude for their willingness to serve this country and help protect our rights and our freedoms. Next time you exercise the freedom of speech, to vote, to move freely about the country, to protect your family, and gather in your house of worship, you should thank a veteran.
What do I write in a military card?
Honor a military veteran.
- Thank you for your sacrifices and hard work in service to our country.
- I appreciate how hard you worked to ensure that we could continue to enjoy our freedoms.
- Thank you for all your hard work, dedication and service to our country.
- You are my hero for your bravery and sacrifices to our nation.