What are the 10 examples of synonyms?
II. Examples of Synonyms
- Bad: awful, terrible, horrible.
- Good: fine, excellent, great.
- Hot: burning, fiery, boiling.
- Cold: chilly, freezing, frosty.
- Easy: Simple, effortless, straightforward.
- Hard: difficult, challenging, tough.
- Big: large, huge, giant.
- Small: tiny, little, mini.
What are the 50 examples of synonyms?
50 Examples of Synonyms With Sentences
- Magnify – expand: He magnified their happiness like their pain.
- Baffle – confuse, deceive: The bad news he received consecutively confused him.
- Beautiful – attractive, pretty, lovely, stunning: You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my life.
What are some examples of a poem?
Examples of Poem in Literature
- Example #1: While you Decline to Cry (By Ō no Yasumaro) Haiku Poem.
- Example #2: The Song of Hiawatha (By Henry Wadsworth Longfellow) Epic Poem.
- Example #3: After the Sea-Ship (By Walt Whitman) Free Verse Poem.
- Example #4: La Belle Dame sans Merci (By John Keats) Ballad.
What are 5 good synonyms?
- adj.pleasant, fine.
- adj.moral, virtuous.
- adj.competent, skilled.
- adj.useful, adequate.
- adj.reliable; untainted.
- adj.kind, giving.
- adj.authentic, real.
What are the 10 examples of antonyms?
Types of Antonyms
Examples include: boy — girl, off — on, night — day, entrance — exit, exterior — interior, true — false, dead — alive, push — pull, pass — fail.
What is another word for 50 50?
50–50 Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus.
What is another word for 50–50?
|in half||in two|
|half and half|
What are the 20 examples of homonyms?
List of homonyms in English.
- Address – Address.
- Band – Band.
- Bat – Bat.
- Match – Match.
- Mean – Mean.
- Right – Right.
- Ring – Ring.
- Rock – Rock.
What are similar words?
Synonyms are words that are similar to another word or have a related meaning. They can be lifesavers when you want to avoid repeating the same word over and over. Sometimes the word you have in mind might not be the most appropriate word, which is why finding the right synonym can come in handy.
What is a simple definition of a poem?
A poem is a piece of writing that uses imaginative words to share ideas, emotions or a story with the reader. A person who writes a poem is called a poet. Many poems have words or phrases that sound good together when they are read aloud.
How do you describe a poem?
Check out these six ways to analyze a poem.
- Step One: Read. Have your students read the poem once to themselves and then aloud, all the way through, at LEAST twice.
- Step Two: Title. Think about the title and how it relates to the poem.
- Step Three: Speaker.
- Step Four: Mood and Tone.
- Step Five: Paraphrase.
- Step Six: Theme.
What qualifies as a poem?
Poetry is a type of literature based on the interplay of words and rhythm. In poetry, words are strung together to form sounds, images, and ideas that might be too complex or abstract to describe directly. Poetry was once written according to fairly strict rules of meter and rhyme, and each culture had its own rules.
What’s a good word for good?
SYNONYMS FOR good
- 1 pure, moral, conscientious; meritorious, worthy, exemplary, upright.
- 2 adequate.
- 3 outstanding, admirable.
- 5 obedient, heedful.
- 6 kindly, benevolent, humane, gracious, obliging.
- 23 goodly, adequate.
- 24 profitable, useful, serviceable, beneficial.
What is a synonym for good person?
other words for good-hearted
affectionate. amiable. charitable. cordial. courteous.
What is another word for amazing?
In this page you can discover 61 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for amazing, like: astonishing, incredible, astounding, phenomenal, marvelous, wondrous, fantastical, prodigious, stupendous, miraculous and unbelievable.