How do you appreciate someone’s poem?
@Moeknows step-by-step guide to commenting on poetry
- Read the poem (they’re often quite short)
- Read it again (think about the words and pay attention to the details)
- Formulate an understanding of what the poem means to you.
- Decide whether or not you like it. (
How do you write a critical response to a poem?
How to write a critical analysis of a poem
- Step 1: Read the poem.
- Step 2: You know who he is.
- Step 3: Identify the main subject of the poem.
- Step 4: Create the context.
- Step 5: Identify the texts.
- Step 6: Determine the genre of the poem.
- Step 7: Create a critical analysis checklist.
- Step 8: View the poem.
What is a good comment for a poem?
truly deserves to be the poem for atleast a week. freaking fantastic poem. well done. honestly totally jealous of your poem its truly amazing and well said.
How do you write a personal response?
- What Is a Personal Response Essay?
- Do a Pre-Reading Brainstorm.
- Read the Response Text.
- Reread and Annotate the Response Text.
- Make an Outline.
- Write Your Response.
- Editing and Revision.
How do you show appreciation in words?
Other ways to say thank you in any occasion
- I appreciate what you did.
- Thank you for thinking of me.
- Thank you for your time today.
- I value and respect your opinion.
- I am so thankful for what you did.
- I wanted to take the time to thank you.
- I really appreciate your help. Thank you.
- Your kind words warmed my heart.
How do you express appreciation in words?
General Thank-You Phrases
- Thank you so much.
- Thank you very much.
- I appreciate your consideration/guidance/help/time.
- I sincerely appreciate ….
- My sincere appreciation/gratitude/thanks.
- My thanks and appreciation.
- Please accept my deepest thanks.
What are elements of a poem?
As with narrative, there are “elements” of poetry that we can focus on to enrich our understanding of a particular poem or group of poems. These elements may include, voice, diction, imagery, figures of speech, symbolism and allegory, syntax, sound, rhythm and meter, and structure.
How do I read a poem?
Let the words of the poem do the work. Just speak clearly and slowly. Obviously, poems come in lines, but pausing at the end of every line will create a choppy effect and interrupt the flow of the poem’s sense. Readers should pause only where there is punctuation, just as you would when reading prose, only more slowly.
How do you write a critique example?
- Name the work being reviewed as well as the date it was created and the name of the author/creator.
- Describe the main argument or purpose of the work.
- Explain the context in which the work was created.
- Have a concluding sentence that signposts what your evaluation of the work will be.
How do you praise someone?
Complimenting the Whole Person
- I appreciate you.
- You are the most perfect you there is.
- You are enough.
- You’re all that and a super-size bag of chips.
- On a scale from 1 to 10, you’re an 11.
- You’ve got all the right moves.
- Everything would be better if more people were like you.
How do you write a short response?
Begin each answer with one or two sentence thesis which summarizes your answer. If possible, phrase the statement so that it rephrases the question’s essential terms into a statement (which therefore directly answers the essay question).
What is an example of a response?
Response: how the organism reacts to a stimulus and results in a change in behavior. (It is a fancy way of saying “effect”.) Example: Getting a drink when you are thirsty.
How do you start a personal response to a poem?
If there is a basic Personal Response question, try to establish the main theme, story or gist of the poem. Put simply, try to establish generally what the poet is writing about and why the poet is writing about that theme. Ignore any words or phrases you don’t understand. Read through the poem a second time.