|Author||Min. estimated sales||Number of books|
|William Shakespeare||2 billion||42|
|Agatha Christie||2 billion||85|
|Barbara Cartland||500 million||723|
|Danielle Steel||500 million||179|
Who is the No 1 writer in the world?
1. James Patterson — £71.3 million ($95 million) James Patterson is the world’s highest-paid author by a wide margin, and has been the world’s best-selling author since 2001. He has sold more than 350 million books worldwide, and is most famous for the “Alex Cross” crime novel series.
Who is the greatest writer of all time?
The 10 Greatest Authors of All Time
- Leo Tolstoy – 327.
- William Shakespeare – 293.
- James Joyce – 194.
- Vladimir Nabokov – 190.
- Fyodor Dostoevsky – 177.
- William Faulkner – 173.
- Charles Dickens – 168.
- Anton Checkhov – 165.
Who is the greatest writer in English?
So, in no particular order, here is our pick of the ten most famous English authors of all time:
- William Blake 1757-1827.
- Geoffrey Chaucer 1343-1400.
- John Donne 1572-1631.
- George Eliot 1819-1880.
- John Milton 1608-1674.
- George Orwell 1903-1950.
- Harold Pinter 1930-2008.
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge 1772-1834.
Who is the richest author?
1. JK Rowling – Topping the list of the richest authors. With a net worth of $1 billion, JK Rowling currently has the accolade of being the richest author in the world and is also the first author to ever achieve this level of financial success from their writing.
Who wrote Harry Potter?
J.K. Rowling first had the idea for Harry Potter while delayed on a train travelling from Manchester to London King’s Cross in 1990. Over the next five years, she began to plan out the seven books of the series. She wrote mostly in longhand and amassed a mountain of notes, many of which were on scraps of paper.
Who changed English?
William Shakespeare added more than 1700 words to the English language. When he couldn’t find a word to express something in a play, he would make a new one, adapting either foreign words or existing English words. Shakespeare is almost certainly the most productive person in the history of the English language.
Who is the father of English literature?
Geoffrey Chaucer (/ˈtʃɔːsər/; c. 1340s – 25 October 1400) was an English poet and author. Widely considered the greatest English poet of the Middle Ages, he is best known for The Canterbury Tales. He has been called the “father of English literature”, or, alternatively, the “father of English poetry”.
Who is the most famous writer in America?
Here’s a summary of 20 of America’s most celebrated and influential writers.
- Herman Melville (1819-1891)
- Margaret Mitchell (1900-1949)
- Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849)
- J.D. Salinger (1919-2010)
- John Steinbeck (1902-1968)
- Henry David Thoreau(1817-1862)
- Mark Twain (1835-1910)
- Walt Whitman (1819-1892)
Is JK Rowling richer than the Queen?
Some casual facts for you: Not only have the Harry Potter books sold more than 500 million copies, but they’ve also been turned into a massively successful film series and they’re the inspiration for three whole amusement parks. So, yeah, J. K. Rowling is rich. In fact, she’s richer than the Queen of England.
Who is the richest writer in the world 2021?
1 J.K. Rowling – $1 Billion The richest author in the world and the first author to ever achieve this level of financial success owes it all to the mega-hit Harry Potter series.