What are good books for 6th graders?
Best book series for 6th graders — ever
- Artemis Fowl. by: Eoin Colfer – (Disney-Hyperion, 2010) 944 pages.
- The Chronicles of Narnia. by: C.S. Lewis – (HarperCollins, 1950)
- The Land of Stories series.
- Eragon: The Inheritance Cycle, Book 1.
- His Dark Materials Trilogy.
- The Clique series.
What is a good book for a 6th grade girl?
Here are six books that the sixth graders in my Bookoplis Book Club are raving about right now and made time in their busy schedules to read.
- Goodbye Stranger. by Rebecca Stead.
- The Thing About Jellyfish. by Ali Benjamin.
- Moxie and the Art of Rule Breaking. by Erin Dionne.
- The School for Good and Evil.
- The Selection.
What are some 6th grade level books?
6th Grade Level Books
- My Friend Flicka (Flicka, #1)
- The Hiding Place: The Triumphant True Story of Corrie Ten Boom (Paperback)
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Paperback)
- The Egypt Game (Hardcover)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2)
- Roller Skates (Paperback)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)
What books do 6th graders read in school?
Books for Grade 6 – our recommendations
- When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead.
- Small Spaces by Katherine Arden.
- The Call Of The Wild by Jack London.
- Holes by Louis Sachar.
- Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech.
- Black Beauty by Anna Sewell.
- Space Case by Stuart Gibbs.
- My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George.
Is Diary of a Wimpy Kid A 6th grade book?
The intended audience is kids in grades 3-7, or ages 8-12. However, many kids that fall outside that age bracket are reading and talking about this series. What’s it about?
What is a 6th grade reading level?
In terms of numbers, the Flesch Reading Ease scale is from zero to 100 normally, and the comparison of scores to grade levels looks like the below: 90–100 = fifth grade. 80–90 = sixth grade. 70–80 = seventh grade. 60–70 = eighth-ninth grade.
What grade level is Harry?
Harry Potter Books Harry Potter Books
|Title||Lexile Rank||Grade Reading Level|
|Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone / Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone||880L||5-6|
|Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets||940L||5-6|
|Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban||880L||5-6|
|Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire||880L||5-6|
How long should 6th graders read?
The goal for 6th grade students is to secure a habit of monitoring their understanding as they read, as well as breaking up more complex texts as they are reading into smaller segments. Their stamina for independent reading increases to 40 minutes or longer. Sixth graders also write every day.
What are the best books for 11 year olds?
Check out our age-appropriate and entertaining book recommendations for 11–year–olds.
Here are 23 fantastic book recommendations for 11–year–olds.
- Charlie Hernández and the League of Shadows.
- Nowhere Boy.
- Front Desk.
- The Ruins of Gorlan.
- The War that Saved My Life.
What reading level is Percy Jackson?
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 1)
|Interest Level||Reading Level||Reading A-Z|
|Grades 5 – 8||Grades 3 – 8||W|
What books do 11 year olds read?
- These characters grow and change by facing life’s challenges. Readers will connect with the struggles of daily life and growing up.
- Al Capone Does My Shirts. by Gennifer Choldenko.
- As Brave As You. by Jason Reynolds.
- Goodbye Stranger. by Rebecca Stead.
- Touching Spirit Bear.
What is a 6th grade Lexile level?
|Reading Status Norms (RIT Values and Lexile Levels)|
What age is Harry Potter for?
7–9: A great age to begin (for younger kids, consider reading aloud together). Read: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
What books do you read in middle school?
Classics for Middle School Readers
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. by Verne, Jules.
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. by Twain, Mark.
- Anne of Green Gables. by Montgomery, L. M.
- The Call of the Wild. by London, Jack.
- The Chronicles of Narnia. by Lewis, C. S.
- The Giver. by Lowry, Lois.
- Hatchet. by Paulsen, Gary.
- The Hobbit, Or, There and Back Again.
What books should 12 year olds read?
Good Books for 12 & 13 Year Olds
- Watership Down. Adams, Richard, 1920-2016.
- Skellig. Almond, David, 1951-
- Sounder. Armstrong, William Howard, 1914-
- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. A Fable.
- Al Capone Does My Shirts. Choldenko, Gennifer, 1957-
- The Graveyard Book. Gaiman, Neil.
- Joey Pigza Swallowed the Key. Gantos, Jack.
- The Race to Save the Lord God Bird.