How do you search for a literature review?
Literature Search: Process Flow
- Develop a research question in a specific subject area.
- Make a list of relevant databases and texts you will search.
- Make a list of relevant keywords and phrases.
- Start searching and make notes from each database to keep track of your search.
What is search for the literature?
A literature search is a systematic, thorough search of all types of literature (e.g. books, peer reviewed articles, etc.) in your topic. It’s important before undertaking any research to fully understand the shape of the literature in the area. Literature searching can be broken down into a series of iterative steps.
How do you record a literature search?
Record your search
- Create a document listing all the keywords and subject headings you need for your search.
- Save your search strategy from each database – use the workspace in each database to save your final search. Or simply print it out.
- You’ll find it helpful to keep a simple spreadsheet recording the databases you have searched.
Which database is used for literature review?
- Cochrane Library.
- ERIC (Education Resources Information Center)
- Web of Science.
What is literature review and example?
A literature review is a survey of scholarly sources that provides an overview of a particular topic. It generally follows a discussion of the paper’s thesis statement or the study’s goals or purpose. *This sample paper was adapted by the Writing Center from Key, K.L., Rich, C., DeCristofaro, C., Collins, S. (2010).
How do you find the source of a literature review?
One of the most efficient ways to locate quality resources for literature reviews is to use the library’s subject specific databases. Your professor may recommend databases for your project or you may ask librarians at the Reference desk for suggestions.
What is the use of literature search?
Literature search is done to identify appropriate methodology, design of the study; population sampled and sampling methods, methods of measuring concepts and techniques of analysis. It also helps in determining extraneous variables affecting the outcome and identifying faults or lacunae that could be avoided.
What is the order of doing a literature search systematically?
Eight key stages were determined relating specifically to literature searching in systematic reviews. They were: who should literature search, aims and purpose of literature searching, preparation, the search strategy, searching databases, supplementary searching, managing references and reporting the search process.
How do you find related literature?
Searching Related Literature
There are two primary means of searching the Bibliography: Find a study via the data search and click on the Related Literature link that appears on the search results page. Conduct a keyword search of citations on the Bibliography of Data-Related Literature page.
How old should literature be in a literature review?
A good rule of thumb is to use sources published in the past 10 years for research in the arts, humanities, literature, history, etc.
How many databases should be used in a literature review?
To ensure adequate performance in searches (i.e., recall, precision, and number needed to read), we find that literature searches for a systematic review should, at minimum, be performed in the combination of the following four databases: Embase, MEDLINE (including Epub ahead of print), Web of Science Core Collection,
What is literature database?
Major Literature Databases
Includes former AIDSLINE content. POPLINE. The largest bibliographic reproductive health database, providing citations and abstracts of the worldwide literature in the fields of population, family planning, and related health issues.
How can I improve my database search?
How to Improve Database Search Results: Home
- Look for misspellings in your strategy.
- Decrease the number of concepts searched.
- Try a broader search term.
- Use a term from the thesaurus (i.e., MeSH or subject heading list) for searching.
- Use the Related Articles or Similar Articles feature.