What are 10 books you must read?
10 books to read in your lifetime
- 1 of 10. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
- 2 of 10. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.
- 3 of 10. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov.
- 4 of 10. Lord of the Flies by William Golding.
- 5 of 10. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne.
- 6 of 10. The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger.
- 7 of 10. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
- 8 of 10.
What books are considered literature?
Literature, as an art form, can also include works in various non-fiction genres, such as autobiography, diaries, memoir, letters, and the essay. Within its broad definition, literature includes non-fictional books, articles or other printed information on a particular subject.
What are the 10 best books in Philippine literature?
The 10 Best Books in Philippine Literature
- Noli Me Tángere by Dr. José Rizal.
- Florante at Laura by Francisco Balagtas.
- Mga Ibong Mandaragit by Amado V. Hernandez.
- The Woman Who Had Two Navels by Nick Joaquin.
- Po-on A Novel by F. Sionil Jose.
- Banaag at Sikat by Lope K. Santos.
- Ilustrado by Miguel Syjuco.
- Dekada ’70 by Lualhati Bautista.
What books should I read for English literature?
- 12 Essential English Novels Everyone Should Read.
- Wuthering Heights, by Emily Brontë
- Middlemarch, by George Eliot.
- Nineteen Eighty-Four, by George Orwell.
- The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Diary of a Nobody, by George and Weedon Grossmith.
- His Dark Materials, trilogy by Philip Pullman.
- Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Brontë
What are the top 5 books you must read?
- To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee.
- The Great Gatsby, by F Scott Fitzgerald.
- Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe.
- Moby-Dick, by Herman Melville.
- The Color Purple, by Alice Walker.
- Catch-22, by Joseph Heller.
- Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand.
- The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien.
What is the #1 book in the world?
Top 100 best selling books of all time
|1||Da Vinci Code,The||Brown, Dan|
|2||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows||Rowling, J.K.|
|3||Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone||Rowling, J.K.|
|4||Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix||Rowling, J.K.|
What is the most difficult book to read?
The 25 Most Challenging Books You Will Ever Read
- Finnegans Wake by James Joyce (1939)
- The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner (1929)
- The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer (14th Century)
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez (1967)
- Gravity’s Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon (1973)
- The Female Man by Joanna Russ (1975)
What is the #1 best selling book of all time?
Copies Sold: 500 Million
Selling an eye-watering 500 million copies worldwide, Don Quixote is the best-selling book of all time.
What are the top 50 books of all time?
The Greatest Books of All Time
- 1. In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust.
- 2. Ulysses by James Joyce.
- 3. Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes.
- 4. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
- 5. The Great Gatsby by F.
- 6. Moby Dick by Herman Melville.
- 7. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy.
Who is the father of Philippine literature?
Answer: The Father of Filipino Literature is Francisco Baltazar.
What is popular literature?
Popular literature includes those writings intended for the masses and those that find favour with large audiences. It can be distinguished from artistic literature in that it is designed primarily to entertain.
Who are the prominent writers in the Philippine literature?
Notable Philippine literary authors
- Estrella Alfon (1917–1983)
- Francisco Arcellana (1916–2002)
- Liwayway A. Arceo (1920–1999)
- Francisco Balagtas (1788–1862)
- Lualhati Bautista (b. 1945)
- Cecilia Manguerra Brainard (b. 1947)
- Resil Mojares (b. 1943)
- Carlos Bulosan (1913–1956)
What are the classic books everyone should read?
100 must-read classic books, as chosen by our readers
- Pride and Prejudice. Jane Austen. buy the book.
- To Kill A Mockingbird. Harper Lee. Buy the book.
- The Great Gatsby. F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude. Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Buy the book.
- In Cold Blood. Truman Capote.
- Wide Sargasso Sea. Jean Rhys.
- Brave New World. Aldous Huxley.
- I Capture the Castle. Dodie Smith.
What are the 100 best books of all time?
|1||To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee 4.28 avg rating — 4,729,679 ratings|
|2||1984 by George Orwell 4.19 avg rating — 3,344,719 ratings|
|3||The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien 4.50 avg rating — 588,162 ratings|
|4||The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger 3.81 avg rating — 2,847,814 ratings|
Is English literature a good degree?
Generally speaking, English literature is a degree well respected by potential employers owing to the numerous transferable skills it demonstrates.