What are the 12 masterpieces of world literature?
- The Epic of Gilgamesh.
- Homer, The Odyssey.
- The 1001 Nights.
- Voltaire, Candide.
- Orhan Pamuk, My Name is Red.
- Wole Soyinka, Death and the King’s Horseman.
- Lu Xun, Diary of a Madman.
What books do you read in world literature?
Top 100 World Literature Titles
- The Alchemist. Add to Wish List.
- All But My Life. Add to Wish List.
- All Quiet on the Western Front. Add to Wish List.
- American Shaolin: Flying Kicks, Buddhist Monks, and the Legend of Iron Crotch: An Odyssey in the New. Add to Wish List.
- Anna Karenina. Add to Wish List.
- Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl.
- Annie John.
What are the 10 most read books in the world?
Top 10 Most Read Books in The World
- The Bible – 3.9 Billion Copies.
- Quotations from the Works of Mao Tse-tung – 820 Million Copies.
- Harry Potter – 400 Million Copies.
- Lord of the Rings – 103 Million Copies.
- The Alchemist – 65 Million Copies.
- The Da Vinci Code – 57 Million Copies.
- Twilight – The Saga – 43 Million Copies.
What are the 10 best books in Philippine literature?
The 10 Best Books in Philippine Literature
- Noli Me Tángere by Dr. José Rizal.
- Florante at Laura by Francisco Balagtas.
- Mga Ibong Mandaragit by Amado V. Hernandez.
- The Woman Who Had Two Navels by Nick Joaquin.
- Po-on A Novel by F. Sionil Jose.
- Banaag at Sikat by Lope K. Santos.
- Ilustrado by Miguel Syjuco.
- Dekada ’70 by Lualhati Bautista.
What are the top 5 books you must read?
- To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee.
- The Great Gatsby, by F Scott Fitzgerald.
- Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe.
- Moby-Dick, by Herman Melville.
- The Color Purple, by Alice Walker.
- Catch-22, by Joseph Heller.
- Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand.
- The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien.
Which is the best literature in world?
Here is a list of 12 novels that, for various reasons, have been considered some of the greatest works of literature ever written.
- Anna Karenina. Greta Garbo in Anna Karenina.
- To Kill a Mockingbird. To Kill a Mockingbird.
- The Great Gatsby. F.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude.
- A Passage to India.
- Invisible Man.
- Don Quixote.
Which country has the best literature?
For consistency of great literature, it’s hard to beat Russia. It’s true, particularly in the 19th Century, Russia produced a great number of excellent writers: Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Turgenev, Gogol, Chekhov, etc.
What are the five 5 Literature of the world?
The five genres of literature students should be familiar with are Poetry, Drama, Prose, Nonfiction, and Media—each of which is explained in more detail below.
What are the types of world literature?
The major types of literature across the world are English, Greek, Latin, Roman,African, Indian, American, French, Irish, Spain, Chinese, Italian, Japanese,Persian, Sanskrit, Nepali, Russian and Canadian literatureKinds of Literature Prose Literature •History, journalism, philosophy, fiction and fantasy writings,
What is the most read fiction book?
Having sold more than 500 million copies worldwide, Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling is the best-selling book series in history. The first novel in the series, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, has sold in excess of 120 million copies, making it one of the best-selling books of all time.
What is the #1 best-selling book of all time?
Copies Sold: 500 Million
Selling an eye-watering 500 million copies worldwide, Don Quixote is the best-selling book of all time.
What is the 2nd most read book in the world?
He found that the Bible far outsold any other book, with a whopping 3.9 billion copies sold over the last 50 years. “Quotations from the Works of Mao Tse-tung” came in second with 820 million copies sold, and “Harry Potter” came in third with 400 million copies sold.
Who is the father of Philippine literature?
Answer: The Father of Filipino Literature is Francisco Baltazar.
What is popular literature?
Popular literature includes those writings intended for the masses and those that find favour with large audiences. It can be distinguished from artistic literature in that it is designed primarily to entertain.
What novel means?
Novel, an invented prose narrative of considerable length and a certain complexity that deals imaginatively with human experience, usually through a connected sequence of events involving a group of persons in a specific setting.