How do I cite the Norton Anthology of World Literature?
Citing the Norton Anthology
- WORKS CITED:
- Author’s last name, first name.
- IN TEXT: Use parenthetical citations AFTER the quote!
- AVOID SAYING PAGE/LINE NUMBERS IN SENTENCE ITSELF: In Chapter 1, Arjuna says, “O Krishna, what good is kingship?/What good even life and pleasure?”
How do you cite the Norton Anthology of English Literature MLA?
Gray, W.W. Norton, 2001. Work in an anthology: Lastname, Firstname. “Title of Work.” Title of Anthology, edited by Firstname Lastname, Edition number, Publisher, Year of publication, Page number range. 4 дня назад
How do I cite the Norton Anthology of American Literature?
Cite Your Sources in MLA format. Format: Author. “Title of Poem.” The Norton Anthology of American Literature, edited by Robert S. Levine, 9th ed., W. W. Norton, 2016, page range of poem.
How do I cite an anthology?
Q. How do I cite and reference a work from an anthology or an edited collection of works?
- In-text citation: (Author, 1989/2019)
- Reference entry: Author, A. (2019). Title of original work. In E. Editor (Ed.). Title of anthology or collection in sentence case and italics (pp. xx-xxx). City, Country/State: Publisher.
Who wrote the Norton Anthology of English Literature?
M. H. Abrams, a critic and scholar of Romanticism, served as General Editor for its first seven editions, before handing the job to Stephen Greenblatt, a Shakespeare scholar and Harvard professor.
The Norton Anthology of English Literature.
|Cover of eighth edition|
|Genre||Anthology, English literature|
How do you do a work cited page?
- Begin your Works Cited page on a separate page at the end of your research paper.
- Label the page Works Cited (do not italicize the words Works Cited or put them in quotation marks) and center the words Works Cited at the top of the page.
- Double space all citations, but do not skip spaces between entries.
How do u cite a website?
Cite web postings as you would a standard web entry. Provide the author of the work, the title of the posting in quotation marks, the web site name in italics, the publisher, and the posting date. Follow with the date of access. Include screen names as author names when author name is not known.
How do you cite a library book?
- Author (last name, initials only for first & middle names)
- Publication date.
- Title (in italics; capitalize only the first word of title and subtitle, and proper nouns)
- Publisher (Note: do not include publisher location)
- For books retrieved online, include DOI, if available.
How do I cite The Norton Introduction to Literature 13th edition?
Format: Author(s). Title of Play. The Norton Introduction to Literature, edited by Kelly J. Mays, shorter 13th ed., W. W. Norton, 2019, pp. 4 дня назад
How do you cite Gilgamesh?
Type a period, a space, and “Epic of Gilgamesh” in italics followed by a period. Type the edition number of the specific book you are looking at. For example, “3rd ed.” Type the name of the city, a comma, and the abbreviation for the state where the book was published.
How do you cite the Norton Anthology of Theory and Criticism?
How to cite “The Norton anthology of theory and criticism” by Cain et al.
- APA. Cain, W. E., Finke, L. A., Johnson, B. E., McGowan, J., Sharpley-Whiting, T. D., & Williams, J. J. (Eds.). (2010).
- Chicago. Cain, William E., Laurie A. Finke, Barbara E.
- MLA. Cain, William E., et al., editors.
How do you cite a book?
The basic form for a book citation is: Last Name, First Name. Title of Book. City of Publication, Publisher, Publication Date.
What is an example of an anthology?
An example of an anthology is a collection of poetry called The Poets Laureate Anthology. A collection of literary works, such as poems or short stories. An anthology is a collection of music from one artist. An example of an anthology is the collection titled, The Beatles’ Anthology.
How do you cite Jung’s Collected Works?
Cite as: (Jung, 1948/1969). Cite as: (Freud, 1923/1961). In text, use the following citation: (Freud, 1900/1953). Notes: In these citations, the citation is for an essay/chapter in a book (American Psychological Association, 2001, pp.
How do you reference a reader?
Locate the same information as you would for the APA style: the year the reader was first published and the course instructor who published it. Cite your source in the text thus: (Author course reader publication date, course reader page). Note that there is no comma between the author and the date.