What are the 100 best books of all time?
|1||To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee 4.28 avg rating — 4,729,679 ratings|
|2||1984 by George Orwell 4.19 avg rating — 3,344,719 ratings|
|3||The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien 4.50 avg rating — 588,162 ratings|
|4||The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger 3.81 avg rating — 2,847,814 ratings|
What are 10 books you must read?
10 books to read in your lifetime
- 1 of 10. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
- 2 of 10. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.
- 3 of 10. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov.
- 4 of 10. Lord of the Flies by William Golding.
- 5 of 10. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne.
- 6 of 10. The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger.
- 7 of 10. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
- 8 of 10.
What are the top 5 books you must read?
- To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee.
- The Great Gatsby, by F Scott Fitzgerald.
- Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe.
- Moby-Dick, by Herman Melville.
- The Color Purple, by Alice Walker.
- Catch-22, by Joseph Heller.
- Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand.
- The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien.
Which country has the best literature?
For consistency of great literature, it’s hard to beat Russia. It’s true, particularly in the 19th Century, Russia produced a great number of excellent writers: Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Turgenev, Gogol, Chekhov, etc.
What is the #1 best selling book?
Top 100 best selling books of all time
|SOURCE: NIELSEN BOOK SCAN|
|1||Da Vinci Code,The||Crime, Thriller & Adventure|
|2||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows||Children’s Fiction|
|3||Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone||Children’s Fiction|
What is the most sold book in the world?
Although it is impossible to obtain exact figures, there is little doubt that the Bible is the world’s best-selling and most widely distributed book.
What is the hardest book to read?
Please use the comments to tell us/humble brag about the hardest book you’ve ever read!
- The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
- Distinction: A Social Critique of the Judgement of Taste by Pierre Bourdieu.
- Ulysses by James Joyce.
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.
What are the top 10 best selling books right now?
- Life after Death by Sister Souljah.
- The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah.
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig.
- Klara and the Sun by Kazuo Ishiguro.
- Dark Sky by C. J. Box.
- 2034 by Elliot Ackerman; James Admiral Stavridis.
- Fast Ice by Clive Cussler; Graham Brown.
- The Affair by Danielle Steel.
What books must I read before I die?
Here’s the full, ranked list:
- “To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee.
- “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen.
- “The Diary of Anne Frank” by Anne Frank.
- “1984” by George Orwell.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” by J.K. Rowling.
- “The Lord of the Rings” (1-3) by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- “The Great Gatsby” by F.
What are the top 50 books of all time?
The Greatest Books of All Time
- 1. In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust.
- 2. Ulysses by James Joyce.
- 3. Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes.
- 4. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
- 5. The Great Gatsby by F.
- 6. Moby Dick by Herman Melville.
- 7. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy.
What is the most influential book of all time?
These are the most influential books in literature.
- The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer.
- Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri.
- The Complete Works of William Shakespeare.
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville.
- 1984 by George Orwell.
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.
- The Iliad and The Odyssey by Homer.
What is the longest book in the world?
Over the years, there has been some controversy over what constitutes the world’s longest novel. The Guinness Book of World Records gives the honor to Marcel Proust’s elephantine Remembrance of Things Past, weighing in at 9,609,000 characters (including spaces).
Which country has best poets?
For English-language poems, the US has produced the most acclaimed poets. Asia and Africa probably have regions that produce a lot of poets, as well. China and Japan are known for poetry, and Malaysia has a form that has been picked up by English-speaking poets in the last few decades (called a pantoum).
Which language is rich in literature?
Jumping on to the modern times, no doubt English dominates the literary scene. However, there’s a significant, influential literature coming out of a few other languages too.
Who is the famous poet in the world?
This includes William Shakespeare, William Wordsworth, John Keats, John Milton, Walt Whitman, William Blake, Percy Bysshe Shelley, T.S. Eliot, Edgar Allan Poe, and Ezra Pound. So, let’s take a look at these poets influence in further detail, and be sure to use your mouse scroll to see the full image.