What are the 12 masterpieces of world literature?
- The Epic of Gilgamesh.
- Homer, The Odyssey.
- The 1001 Nights.
- Voltaire, Candide.
- Orhan Pamuk, My Name is Red.
- Wole Soyinka, Death and the King’s Horseman.
- Lu Xun, Diary of a Madman.
What qualifies as a masterpiece of world literature?
1. 1 Introduction A masterpiece refers to a creation that has been given much critical praise, especially one that is considered the greatest work of a person’s career or to a work of outstanding creativity, skill, or workmanship. On the literature, it is the highest recognition that a literary work can receive.
What is world literature?
World literature is used to refer to the total of the world’s national literature and the circulation of works into the wider world beyond their country of origin. Many scholars assert that what makes a work considered world literature is its circulation beyond its country of origin.
What are the 3 features of world literature?
Literature can be divided into three major types: prose (“ordinary language”), poetry (aesthetically structured language), and drama (literature intended for performance; drama may be composed in either prose or poetry).
What are the top 5 books you must read?
- To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee.
- The Great Gatsby, by F Scott Fitzgerald.
- Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe.
- Moby-Dick, by Herman Melville.
- The Color Purple, by Alice Walker.
- Catch-22, by Joseph Heller.
- Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand.
- The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien.
What are the features of world literature?
Chapter 7: Characteristics of World Literature
- styles of Folklore. Fables, legends, mythology.
- Fables. In prose or verse to point to a moral; Characters are frequently animals.
- Styles of Fiction.
- Science fiction.
- Utopian Fiction.
What are the types of world literature?
The major types of literature across the world are English, Greek, Latin, Roman,African, Indian, American, French, Irish, Spain, Chinese, Italian, Japanese,Persian, Sanskrit, Nepali, Russian and Canadian literatureKinds of Literature Prose Literature •History, journalism, philosophy, fiction and fantasy writings,
What a masterpiece means?
1: a work done with extraordinary skill especially: a supreme intellectual or artistic achievement. 2: a piece of work presented to a medieval guild as evidence of qualification for the rank of master.
What are the 4 types of literature?
The four main literary genres are poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and drama, with each varying in style, structure, subject matter, and the use of figurative language. The genre raises certain expectations in what the reader anticipates will happen within that work.
What are the 7 Elements of Literature?
A literary element refers to components of a literary work (character, setting, plot, theme, frame, exposition, ending/denouement, motif, titling, narrative point-‐of-‐view). These are technical terms for the “what” of a work.
What is the 2 types of literature?
The two types of literature are written and oral. Written literature includes novels and poetry. It also has subsections of prose, fiction, myths, novels and short stories. Oral literature includes folklore, ballads, myths and fables.
What are the 3 types of literature?
Literature is subdivided into the classic three forms of Ancient Greece, poetry, drama, and prose. Poetry may then be subdivided into the genres of lyric, epic, and dramatic.
What is importance of world literature?
The study of world literature is a powerful tool for global studies because it encompasses so many themes that are important to understanding globalization. World literature can show us how information is shared between cultures and nations.
What is the first literature of the world?
The Epic of Gilgamesh started out as a series of Sumerian poems and tales dating back to 2100 B.C., but the most complete version was written around the 12th century B.C. by the Babylonians.