Deleting a table
- Click somewhere in the table.
- Select Table Delete Table from the main menu.
How do I hide a table in open office?
To hide or show sheets, rows, and columns, use the options on the Format menu or the right-click (context) menu. For example, to hide a row, first select the row, and then choose Format > Row > Hide (or right-click and choose Hide).
How do I edit a table in open office?
Right -click and select Table from the pop-up menu, or select Table > Table Properties from the main menu. In the Table Format dialog box, select the Background tab. In the For section, chose whether to apply the settings to cell, row, or table. If you choose Cell, any changes apply to all the selected cells.
What are the various ways to manage the table in writer?
From this dialog box you can:
- Select the number of rows and columns of the table.
- Give a name to the table to later distinguish it in the Navigator.
- Select the Heading option to define the first row in the table as the heading.
- Select the Repeat heading option to repeat the heading row if the table spans more than one page.
How do I make an OpenOffice document read only?
There is an easy way to do this: make the document read-only. Select Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org > Security> Open this document in read only mode.
What are the steps to split a table in openoffice writer?
To split a table:
- Place the cursor in a cell which will be in the top row of the second table after the split (so the table splits immediately above the cursor).
- Right-click and select Split Table in the pop-up menu. You can also use Table > Split Table from the menu bar.
- A dialog box will pop up regarding the header.
How do you split cells in openoffice?
Right-click and select Cell > Split on the pop-up menu, or select Table > Split Cells from the menu bar. Select how to split the cell. A cell can be split either horizontally (create more rows) or vertically (create more columns), and you can specify the number of new cells to create.
How do you delete something on Open Office?
Click any line you drew and note that Draw places a small handle on each end of the line. This visual aid lets you know that you have selected that line. Press the “Delete” key to delete the line.
How do I edit the delete and update the table of contents?
Update a table of contents
- Go to References > Update Table.
- Select one of the following: Update page numbers only This only updates the pages that the headings are on, and ignores any changes to the heading text.
- Select OK.
How can you update the table of content in a Writer document?
To update a document’s table of contents when changes are made to the document: 1) Click anywhere in the table of contents and then right click. The context menu appears. 2) From the context menu, choose Update Index/Table. Writer updates the table of contents to reflect the changes in the document.
How can you format a table?
Use Table Styles to format an entire table
- Click in the table that you want to format.
- Under Table Tools, click the Design tab.
- In the Table Styles group, rest the pointer over each table style until you find a style that you want to use.
- Click the style to apply it to the table.
How do I create and edit a table?
To create a new table:
- Move the cursor to the location in the document where you want to create the table.
- Click the Table button in the Elements tool, or choose Table from the Insert menu.The Table dialog displays.
- Enter the initial number of rows and columns for the new table, and specify the border width, etc.
How do you split a table?
Split a table
- Put your cursor on the row that you want as the first row of your second table. In the example table, it’s on the third row.
- On the LAYOUT tab, in the Merge group, click Split Table. The table splits into two tables.
How do I remove read only from Access database?
- On the desktop, double-click My Computer.
- Locate the Microsoft Access database that you moved.
- Right-click the database name, and then click Properties.
- In the Properties dialog box, clear the Read-only check box under Attributes.
- Click OK to apply the change.
- Open your database in Access.
How do I open something not in read only mode?
Right-click the Word document that opens only in ‘Read-only’ mode and select ‘Properties’. Un-check the box marked against ‘Read-only’ option.
How do I make a file not read only?
Right-click the file or folder icon. Remove the check mark by the Read Only item in the file’s Properties dialog box. The attributes are found at the bottom of the General tab. Click OK.