What are the 100 books that everyone should read?
100 books everyone should read before they die (ranked!)
- “To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee.
- “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen.
- “The Diary of Anne Frank” by Anne Frank.
- “1984” by George Orwell.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” by J.K. Rowling.
- “The Lord of the Rings” (1-3) by J.R.R. Tolkien.
What are the 100 best books of all time?
|1||To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee 4.28 avg rating — 4,729,679 ratings|
|2||1984 by George Orwell 4.19 avg rating — 3,344,719 ratings|
|3||The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien 4.50 avg rating — 588,162 ratings|
|4||The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger 3.81 avg rating — 2,847,814 ratings|
What are 10 books you must-read?
10 books to read in your lifetime
- 1 of 10. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
- 2 of 10. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.
- 3 of 10. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov.
- 4 of 10. Lord of the Flies by William Golding.
- 5 of 10. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne.
- 6 of 10. The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger.
- 7 of 10. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
- 8 of 10.
What are the top 50 books of all time?
The Greatest Books of All Time
- 1. In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust.
- 2. Ulysses by James Joyce.
- 3. Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes.
- 4. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
- 5. The Great Gatsby by F.
- 6. Moby Dick by Herman Melville.
- 7. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy.
What is the #1 book in the world?
Top 100 best selling books of all time
|1||Da Vinci Code,The||Brown, Dan|
|2||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows||Rowling, J.K.|
|3||Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone||Rowling, J.K.|
|4||Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix||Rowling, J.K.|
What is the hardest book to read?
Please use the comments to tell us/humble brag about the hardest book you’ve ever read!
- The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
- Distinction: A Social Critique of the Judgement of Taste by Pierre Bourdieu.
- Ulysses by James Joyce.
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.
What is the longest book ever?
Over the years, there has been some controversy over what constitutes the world’s longest novel. The Guinness Book of World Records gives the honor to Marcel Proust’s elephantine Remembrance of Things Past, weighing in at 9,609,000 characters (including spaces).
What are the top 5 books you must read?
- To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee.
- The Great Gatsby, by F Scott Fitzgerald.
- Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe.
- Moby-Dick, by Herman Melville.
- The Color Purple, by Alice Walker.
- Catch-22, by Joseph Heller.
- Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand.
- The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien.
What is the most sold book in the world?
Although it is impossible to obtain exact figures, there is little doubt that the Bible is the world’s best-selling and most widely distributed book.
Who is the #1 best selling author?
List of best-selling fiction authors
|Author||Min. estimated sales||Number of books|
|William Shakespeare||2 billion||42|
|Agatha Christie||2 billion||85|
|Barbara Cartland||500 million||723|
|Danielle Steel||500 million||179|
What should I read in 2020?
The Best Books of 2020
- The Lying Life of Adults. amazon.com. $26.00.
- Rodham. bookshop.org. $25.76.
- Transcendent Kingdom: A Novel. amazon.com.
- The Glass Hotel: A novel. amazon.com.
- My Dark Vanessa: A Novel. amazon.com.
- The Death of Vivek Oji: A Novel. amazon.com.
- Real Life: A Novel. amazon.com.
- Wow, No Thank You.: Essays. amazon.com.
What is a good book to read right now?
The 2020 books worth reading now
- “Actress,” by Anne Enright.
- “The Adventurer’s Son,” by Roman Dial.
- “And I Do Not Forgive You,” by Amber Sparks.
- “Bird Summons,” Leila Aboulela.
- “The Burn,” by Kathleen Kent.
- “Cleanness,” by Garth Greenwell.
- “Deacon King Kong,” by James McBride.
- “Dear Edward,” by Ann Napolitano.
Which is the most powerful book in the world?
THE ORACLE The Most Powerful Book in the World Among many other things it has been called “The most powerful book in the world” because it gives you the power to look into the future before you make a decision.
What should I read before I die?
100 Books to Read Before You Die
- 1984 by George Orwell. Buy on Amazon.
- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle.
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
- The Aleph and Other Stories by Jorge Luis Borges.
- Animal Farm by George Orwell.
- Aesop’s Fables by Aesop.
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.
Is Quran the best book in the world?
US: Harvard University quotes the Quran, with its divine words, which is the final revelation as believed by the Muslims. Harvard Law School is known to be home to the greatest scholastic library around the globe and is a piece of Harvard University.