The 10 best living American novelists
- Alice Walker. Getty Images.
- Marilynne Robinson.
- Jonathan Franzen.
- Michael Chabon.
- Bret Easton Ellis.
- George Saunders.
- Rachel Kushner.
- Anne Tyler.
Who is the most successful living author?
James Patterson is the world’s highest-paid author by a wide margin, and has been the world’s best-selling author since 2001. He has sold more than 350 million books worldwide, and is most famous for the “Alex Cross” crime novel series.
Who is the greatest writer of the 20th century?
Here are the 10 Best 20th Century American Authors
- J.D. Salinger.
- Harper Lee. Harper Lee, much like J.D.
- Stephen King. If my ranking criteria were simply mainstream success and fame, King would rank much higher on this list.
- Maya Angelou.
- Theodor Seuss “Ted” Geisel.
- Ernest Hemingway.
- Toni Morrison.
Who is the best selling American author of all time?
James Patterson // An estimated 300 million Patterson is frequently thought to be the best-selling author in the world today, and has been since 2001. He’s also credited as the first author to sell 1 million e-books, and is generally listed as the author with the most New York Times bestsellers.
What American author has written the most books?
The most published works by one author is 1,084 by L. Ron Hubbard (USA) whose first work was published in February 1934 and the last in March 2006.
Who is the wealthiest author?
1. JK Rowling – $1 billion. Who is the richest author in the world? With a net worth of $1 Billion, it is no other but JK Rowling.
What is considered the best book of all time?
12 Novels Considered the “Greatest Book Ever Written”
- Anna Karenina. Greta Garbo in Anna Karenina.
- To Kill a Mockingbird. To Kill a Mockingbird.
- The Great Gatsby. F.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude. Gabriel García Márquez.
- A Passage to India. E.M. Forster.
- Invisible Man. Ralph Ellison.
- Don Quixote. Don Quixote.
- Beloved. Toni Morrison.
Who is the best writer in history?
The 10 Greatest Authors of All Time
- Leo Tolstoy – 327.
- William Shakespeare – 293.
- James Joyce – 194.
- Vladimir Nabokov – 190.
- Fyodor Dostoevsky – 177.
- William Faulkner – 173.
- Charles Dickens – 168.
- Anton Checkhov – 165.
Who is the most prolific writer ever?
Brazilian author Ryoki Inoue holds the Guinness World Record for being the most prolific author with 1,075 books published under many pseudonyms. Inoue would write all day and all night until he finished a book.
What is Agatha Christie’s best selling book?
According to Index Translationum, she remains the most-translated individual author. Her novel And Then There Were None is one of the top-selling books of all time, with approximately 100 million copies sold. Christie’s stage play The Mousetrap holds the world record for the longest initial run.