What are the 10 most popular books?
10 Most Popular Books of All Time
- Don Quixote. By Miguel de Cervantes.
- Lord of the Rings. By J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. By J.K. Rowling.
- And Then There Were None. By Agatha Christie.
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. By Lewis Carroll.
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. By C.S. Lewis.
- Pinocchio. By Carlo Collodi.
- Catcher in the Rye.
What are the 10 books Everyone should read?
30 Books Everyone Should Read At Least Once In Their Lives
- To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee.
- 1984, by George Orwell.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, by J.K. Rowling.
- The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- The Great Gatsby, by F.
- Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen.
- The Diary Of A Young Girl, by Anne Frank.
- The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak.
What is the most famous book?
The all-time most popular books in the world revealed
- The Holy Quran (644) – over 3 billion.
- The King James Bible (1611) – over 2.5 billion.
- Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-tung (1964) by Mao Zendong – 800 million.
- Don Quixote (1512) by Miguel de Cervantes – 500 million.
- Harry Potter series (1997-2007) by J.K.Rowling – 450 million.
Which is the best English literature?
- Middlemarch (George Eliot, 1874)
- To the Lighthouse (Virginia Woolf, 1927)
- Mrs Dalloway (Virginia Woolf, 1925)
- Great Expectations (Charles Dickens, 1861)
- Jane Eyre (Charlotte Brontë, 1847)
- Bleak House (Charles Dickens, 1853)
- Wuthering Heights (Emily Brontë, 1847)
- David Copperfield (Charles Dickens, 1850)
What is the #1 best-selling book?
Top 100 best selling books of all time
|SOURCE: NIELSEN BOOK SCAN|
|1||Da Vinci Code,The||Crime, Thriller & Adventure|
|2||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows||Children’s Fiction|
|3||Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone||Children’s Fiction|
What are the top 5 most read books in the world?
Most Read Books In The World Of All Time
- #1 – The Holy Bible.
- #2 – The Holy Quran.
- #3 – The Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse Tung.
- #4 – The Harry Potter Series by J.K Rowling.
- #5 – The Lord of The Rings by J.R.R Tolkien.
- #6 – The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
- #7 – The Da Vinci Code By Dan Brown.
- #8 – The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer.
What is the hardest book to read?
Please use the comments to tell us/humble brag about the hardest book you’ve ever read!
- The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
- Distinction: A Social Critique of the Judgement of Taste by Pierre Bourdieu.
- Ulysses by James Joyce.
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.
What are the best life changing books?
The Most Life-Changing Books
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
- Mindset by Carol Dweck.
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie.
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle.
- Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari.
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod.
- Start With Why by Simon Sinek.
What are the top 10 books to read in 2020?
The 10 Best Fiction Books of 2020
- The Vanishing Half, Brit Bennett.
- Shuggie Bain, Douglas Stuart.
- The Mirror & the Light, Hilary Mantel.
- A Children’s Bible, Lydia Millet.
- Homeland Elegies, Ayad Akhtar.
- I Hold a Wolf by the Ears, Laura van den Berg.
- A Burning, Megha Majumdar.
- Deacon King Kong, James McBride.
What is the 2nd most read book in the world?
He found that the Bible far outsold any other book, with a whopping 3.9 billion copies sold over the last 50 years. “Quotations from the Works of Mao Tse-tung” came in second with 820 million copies sold, and “Harry Potter” came in third with 400 million copies sold.
Who is the best book in the world?
The Greatest Books of All Time
- 1. In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust.
- 2. Ulysses by James Joyce.
- 3. Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes.
- 4. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
- 5. The Great Gatsby by F.
- 6. Moby Dick by Herman Melville.
- 7. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy.
What is the longest book in the world?
Over the years, there has been some controversy over what constitutes the world’s longest novel. The Guinness Book of World Records gives the honor to Marcel Proust’s elephantine Remembrance of Things Past, weighing in at 9,609,000 characters (including spaces).
Which country has the best literature?
For consistency of great literature, it’s hard to beat Russia. It’s true, particularly in the 19th Century, Russia produced a great number of excellent writers: Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Turgenev, Gogol, Chekhov, etc.
Who is the greatest English writer?
So, in no particular order, here is our pick of the ten most famous English authors of all time:
- Jane Austen 1775 – 1817.
- William Blake 1757-1827.
- Geoffrey Chaucer 1343-1400.
- John Donne 1572-1631.
- George Eliot 1819-1880.
- John Milton 1608-1674.
- George Orwell 1903-1950.
- Harold Pinter 1930-2008.
Who is the most famous novelist?
TOP TEN AUTHORS BY POINTS EARNED
- Leo Tolstoy — 327.
- William Shakespeare — 293.
- James Joyce — 194.
- Vladimir Nabokov — 190.
- Fyodor Dostoevsky — 177.
- William Faulkner — 173.
- Charles Dickens — 168.
- Anton Chekhov — 165.