How do I cite the Norton Anthology of American Literature?
Cite in-text using the author of the text you are using, not the editors of the anthology. In parentheses, type the author’s last name, a comma, the year “2006,” another comma and the page number from which you drew the information.
How do you cite the Norton Anthology of English Literature MLA?
Gray, W.W. Norton, 2001. Work in an anthology: Lastname, Firstname. “Title of Work.” Title of Anthology, edited by Firstname Lastname, Edition number, Publisher, Year of publication, Page number range.
How do I cite an anthology?
Q. How do I cite and reference a work from an anthology or an edited collection of works?
- In-text citation: (Author, 1989/2019)
- Reference entry: Author, A. (2019). Title of original work. In E. Editor (Ed.). Title of anthology or collection in sentence case and italics (pp. xx-xxx). City, Country/State: Publisher.
How do you cite the Norton Anthology of Theory and Criticism?
How to cite “The Norton anthology of theory and criticism” by Cain et al.
- APA. Cain, W. E., Finke, L. A., Johnson, B. E., McGowan, J., Sharpley-Whiting, T. D., & Williams, J. J. (Eds.). (2010).
- Chicago. Cain, William E., Laurie A. Finke, Barbara E.
- MLA. Cain, William E., et al., editors.
Who wrote the Norton Anthology of English Literature?
M. H. Abrams, a critic and scholar of Romanticism, served as General Editor for its first seven editions, before handing the job to Stephen Greenblatt, a Shakespeare scholar and Harvard professor.
The Norton Anthology of English Literature.
|Cover of eighth edition|
|Genre||Anthology, English literature|
How do you cite Norton Shakespeare?
Write “The Norton Shakespeare” in italics after the editors’ names and insert a period. Since “The Norton Shakespeare” has two editions, indicate which one you are referencing by writing “1st ed.” or “2nd ed.” after the title. Indicate the location of publication, publishing company and year of publication.
How do you do a work cited page?
- Begin your Works Cited page on a separate page at the end of your research paper.
- Label the page Works Cited (do not italicize the words Works Cited or put them in quotation marks) and center the words Works Cited at the top of the page.
- Double space all citations, but do not skip spaces between entries.
How do I cite The Norton Introduction to Literature 13th edition?
Format: Author(s). Title of Play. The Norton Introduction to Literature, edited by Kelly J. Mays, shorter 13th ed., W. W. Norton, 2019, pp. 4 дня назад
What is an example of an anthology?
An example of an anthology is a collection of poetry called The Poets Laureate Anthology. A collection of literary works, such as poems or short stories. An anthology is a collection of music from one artist. An example of an anthology is the collection titled, The Beatles’ Anthology.
How do you reference a reader?
Locate the same information as you would for the APA style: the year the reader was first published and the course instructor who published it. Cite your source in the text thus: (Author course reader publication date, course reader page). Note that there is no comma between the author and the date.
How do you cite an anthology in APA?
The format is as follows: Editor Lastname, First Initials (Ed.). (Year). Anthology title: Subtitle if included (Volume number if applicable). Publisher location: Publisher.
How do you cite a story in The Norton Anthology of World Literature?
Citing the Norton Anthology
- WORKS CITED:
- Author’s last name, first name.
- IN TEXT: Use parenthetical citations AFTER the quote!
- AVOID SAYING PAGE/LINE NUMBERS IN SENTENCE ITSELF: In Chapter 1, Arjuna says, “O Krishna, what good is kingship?/What good even life and pleasure?”
How do you cite an anthology MLA?
To cite an anthology in MLA of works by the same author, you include the author of the work, title, collection title, editor’s name, publisher, year, and page range. An example of an MLA anthology citation includes: Frost, Robert.