Which is the best English literature?
- Middlemarch (George Eliot, 1874)
- To the Lighthouse (Virginia Woolf, 1927)
- Mrs Dalloway (Virginia Woolf, 1925)
- Great Expectations (Charles Dickens, 1861)
- Jane Eyre (Charlotte Brontë, 1847)
- Bleak House (Charles Dickens, 1853)
- Wuthering Heights (Emily Brontë, 1847)
- David Copperfield (Charles Dickens, 1850)
What are 10 books you must read?
10 books to read in your lifetime
- 1 of 10. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
- 2 of 10. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.
- 3 of 10. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov.
- 4 of 10. Lord of the Flies by William Golding.
- 5 of 10. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne.
- 6 of 10. The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger.
- 7 of 10. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
- 8 of 10.
What are the top 5 books you must read?
- To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee.
- The Great Gatsby, by F Scott Fitzgerald.
- Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe.
- Moby-Dick, by Herman Melville.
- The Color Purple, by Alice Walker.
- Catch-22, by Joseph Heller.
- Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand.
- The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien.
What are the 10 best books in Philippine literature?
The 10 Best Books in Philippine Literature
- Noli Me Tángere by Dr. José Rizal.
- Florante at Laura by Francisco Balagtas.
- Mga Ibong Mandaragit by Amado V. Hernandez.
- The Woman Who Had Two Navels by Nick Joaquin.
- Po-on A Novel by F. Sionil Jose.
- Banaag at Sikat by Lope K. Santos.
- Ilustrado by Miguel Syjuco.
- Dekada ’70 by Lualhati Bautista.
What is the most difficult book to read?
The 25 Most Challenging Books You Will Ever Read
- Finnegans Wake by James Joyce (1939)
- The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner (1929)
- The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer (14th Century)
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez (1967)
- Gravity’s Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon (1973)
- The Female Man by Joanna Russ (1975)
What is the #1 best selling book of all time?
Copies Sold: 500 Million
Selling an eye-watering 500 million copies worldwide, Don Quixote is the best-selling book of all time.
What books must I read before I die?
Here’s the full, ranked list:
- “To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee.
- “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen.
- “The Diary of Anne Frank” by Anne Frank.
- “1984” by George Orwell.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” by J.K. Rowling.
- “The Lord of the Rings” (1-3) by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- “The Great Gatsby” by F.
What books should I read in 2020?
The Best Books of 2020
- The Lying Life of Adults. amazon.com. $26.00.
- Rodham. bookshop.org. $25.76.
- Transcendent Kingdom: A Novel. amazon.com.
- The Glass Hotel: A novel. amazon.com.
- My Dark Vanessa: A Novel. amazon.com.
- The Death of Vivek Oji: A Novel. amazon.com.
- Real Life: A Novel. amazon.com.
- Wow, No Thank You.: Essays. amazon.com.
What are the top 10 best selling books right now?
- Life after Death by Sister Souljah.
- The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah.
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig.
- Klara and the Sun by Kazuo Ishiguro.
- Dark Sky by C. J. Box.
- 2034 by Elliot Ackerman; James Admiral Stavridis.
- Fast Ice by Clive Cussler; Graham Brown.
- The Affair by Danielle Steel.
What are the top 50 books of all time?
The Greatest Books of All Time
- 1. In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust.
- 2. Ulysses by James Joyce.
- 3. Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes.
- 4. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
- 5. The Great Gatsby by F.
- 6. Moby Dick by Herman Melville.
- 7. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy.
What is the most read book in the world?
The most read book in the world is the Bible. Writer James Chapman created a list of the most read books in the world based on the number of copies each book sold over the last 50 years. He found that the Bible far outsold any other book, with a whopping 3.9 billion copies sold over the last 50 years.
What is the longest book in the world?
Over the years, there has been some controversy over what constitutes the world’s longest novel. The Guinness Book of World Records gives the honor to Marcel Proust’s elephantine Remembrance of Things Past, weighing in at 9,609,000 characters (including spaces).
Who is the father of Philippine literature?
Answer: The Father of Filipino Literature is Francisco Baltazar.
Who are the Filipino writers?
List of Filipino writers
- Francisco Arcellana.
- Francisco Balagtas.
- Lualhati Bautista.
- Louis Bulaong.
- Carlos Bulosan.
- Cecilia Manguerra Brainard.
- Linda Ty Casper.
- Gilbert Luis R. Centina III.
What is popular literature?
Popular literature includes those writings intended for the masses and those that find favour with large audiences. It can be distinguished from artistic literature in that it is designed primarily to entertain.