What books should every high school student read?
The List of Indispensable Books
- To Kill a Mockingbird. Harper Lee’s seminal coming-of-age story set in the fictional southern town of Maycomb, Alabama.
- Nineteen Eighty-Four.
- Lord of the Flies.
- Animal Farm.
- Catcher in the Rye.
- The Grapes of Wrath.
- Invisible Man.
- The Alchemist.
What books should a high school freshman read?
Whether you read the following for a school assignment or just for leisure, here are a few must read books for high school students:
- To Kill a Mockingbird. Source: Behance.
- Fahrenheit 451. Source: BookRiot.
- Animal Farm. Source: SchoolWorkHelper.
- The Great Gatsby.
- Death of a Salesman.
- East of Eden.
- Romeo and Juliet.
What is the most read book in high school?
Here are some of the books that most often appear on high school reading lists:
- Shakespeare’s Macbeth is on most schools’ lists.
- Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet is also on the list.
- Shakespeare’s Hamlet, a story of an angst-ridden prince whose father has been murdered by his uncle, also tops independent schools’ lists.
What books do you read in high school English?
Classics From High School English to Read or Reread
- Wuthering Heights. by Emily Bronte.
- Lord of the Flies. by William Golding.
- The Grapes of Wrath. by John Steinbeck.
- Go Tell It on the Mountain. by James Baldwin.
- The Outsiders. by S. E. Hinton.
- Beloved. by Toni Morrison.
- The Scarlet Letter. by Nathaniel Hawthorne.
- Moby-Dick. by Herman Melville.
What books should a 16 year old read?
16 coming-of-age books every 16-year-old should read
- The Harry Potter series. JK Rowling, 1997-2011.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Stephen Chbosky, 1999.
- The Outsiders. SE Hinton, 1967.
- To Kill a Mockingbird. Harper Lee, 1960.
- The Lord of The Rings. JRR Tolkien, 1954.
- The Catcher in the Rye. JD Salinger, 1951.
- Great Expectations. Charles Dickens, 1861.
What books should a 17 year old read?
Young Adult Books (13-17 years old)
- To Kill A Mockingbird. By Harper Lee.
- The Grapes of Wrath. By John Steinbeck.
- Lord of the Flies. By William Golding.
- A Separate Peace. By John Knowles.
- The Giver. By Lois Lowry.
- The Hobbit. By J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Ender’s Game. By Orson Scott Card.
What is the hardest book to read?
Please use the comments to tell us/humble brag about the hardest book you’ve ever read!
- The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
- Distinction: A Social Critique of the Judgement of Taste by Pierre Bourdieu.
- Ulysses by James Joyce.
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.
What books should a 14 year old read?
Get The Latest Deals!
- The Martian: Classroom Edition. Author: Andy Weir.
- Jasper Jones. Author: Craig Silvey.
- Eragon. Author: Christopher Paolini.
- Coraline. Author: Neil Gaiman.
- Life of Pi. Author: Yann Martel.
- The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians) Author: Rick Riordan.
- The Graveyard Book. Author: Neil Gaiman.
6 дней назад
What is the longest book ever?
Over the years, there has been some controversy over what constitutes the world’s longest novel. The Guinness Book of World Records gives the honor to Marcel Proust’s elephantine Remembrance of Things Past, weighing in at 9,609,000 characters (including spaces).
Is The Alchemist appropriate for high school students?
Paulo Coehlo’s The Alchemist is the perfect “self-help” book for high school students because it comes in the form of a readable parable, and the narrative helps to disguise the preachy nature of many books designed to help teens find themselves and find their way in the world.
What books do you read in 9th grade?
Books for Grade 9 – our recommendations
- Amos Fortune, Free Man by Elizabeth Yates.
- Nothing by Janne Teller.
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding.
- Catch-22 by Joseph Heller.
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
- The Catcher in the Rye by J D Salinger.
- Looking for Alaska by John Green.
What books do you read in 11th grade?
11th Grade Books
- The Great Gatsby (Paperback) F.
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Paperback) Mark Twain.
- The Scarlet Letter (Paperback) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
- The Crucible (Paperback)
- In Cold Blood (Paperback)
- Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass (Paperback)
- Invisible Man (Paperback)
- The Things They Carried (Paperback)
Why are classics so boring?
They are simply overwritten or they were written for audiences which were accustomed to the narrative structures that they used when they were written. That’s what makes them seem to be boring to some.
What books do Freshman read?
Freshman English Books
- To Kill a Mockingbird (Paperback) Harper Lee.
- Great Expectations (Paperback) Charles Dickens.
- Twelfth Night (Paperback) William Shakespeare.
- Romeo and Juliet (Paperback)
- Jane Eyre (Paperback)
- The Catcher in the Rye (Paperback)
- The Hobbit, or There and Back Again (Paperback)
- Lord of the Flies (Paperback)
How many books should a high school student read?
If a student only read the required texts, I would expect them to read about 25–30 books over their high school career. If they just didn’t care to read, 0. If they read actively, 30+.