Who is the famous writer in English literature?
William Shakespeare (1564 – 1616) English poet and playwright. Famous plays include Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet, Merchant of Venice and Hamlet. Shakespeare is widely considered the seminal writer of the English language.
Who are the top 10 authors?
TOP TEN AUTHORS BY NUMBER OF BOOKS SELECTED
- William Shakespeare — 11.
- William Faulkner — 6.
- Henry James — 6.
- Jane Austen — 5.
- Charles Dickens — 5.
- Fyodor Dostoevsky — 5.
- Ernest Hemingway — 5.
- Franz Kafka — 5.
Who are the authors of literature?
The Best Authors in Literature
- J.W. von Goethe.
- Jane Austen.
- Gustave Flaubert.
- Charles Dickens.
- Leo Tolstoy.
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
- Marcel Proust.
Who is the best writer in English?
So, in no particular order, here is our pick of the ten most famous English authors of all time:
- Jane Austen 1775 – 1817.
- William Blake 1757-1827.
- Geoffrey Chaucer 1343-1400.
- John Donne 1572-1631.
- George Eliot 1819-1880.
- John Milton 1608-1674.
- George Orwell 1903-1950.
- Harold Pinter 1930-2008.
Who is the most famous book writer?
1. James Patterson — £71.3 million ($95 million) James Patterson is the world’s highest-paid author by a wide margin, and has been the world’s best-selling author since 2001. He has sold more than 350 million books worldwide, and is most famous for the “Alex Cross” crime novel series.
Who is the best-selling author 2020?
The New York Times Fiction Best Sellers of 2020
|March 15||Blindside||James Patterson and James O. Born|
|March 22||House of Earth and Blood||Sarah J. Maas|
|March 29||The Mirror and the Light||Hilary Mantel|
|April 5||The Boy from the Woods||Harlan Coben|
What is the #1 best-selling book of all time?
Copies Sold: 500 Million
Selling an eye-watering 500 million copies worldwide, Don Quixote is the best-selling book of all time.
Who is the #1 best-selling author?
List of best-selling fiction authors
|Author||Min. estimated sales||Number of books|
|William Shakespeare||2 billion||42|
|Agatha Christie||2 billion||85|
|Barbara Cartland||500 million||723|
|Danielle Steel||500 million||179|
Who is the father of literature?
Geoffrey Chaucer. He was born in London sometime between 1340 and 1344. He was an English author, poet, philosopher, bureaucrat (courtier), and diplomat. He is also referred to as the father of English Literature.
Who is the mother of English literature?
Before there was Jane Austen or even the gleam in Mr. Bronte’s eye that would engender his three novelist daughters, there was Frances (Fanny) Burney, master of the novel of social courtship, and according to Virginia Woolf, “the mother of English fiction.”
What are the 7 literary periods?
Periods of American Literature
- The Colonial and Early National Period (17th century to 1830) The first European settlers of North America wrote about their experiences starting in the 1600s.
- The Romantic Period (1830 to 1870)
- Realism and Naturalism (1870 to 1910)
- The Modernist Period (1910 to 1945)
- The Contemporary Period (1945 to present)
Who are the best short story writers?
Today, for Fold, she recommends her 10 favorite short story authors, in no particular order, for the benefit of aspiring writers.
- Anton Chekhov.
- Katherine Mansfield.
- Isaac Babel.
- Mavis Gallant.
- John Cheever.
- James Baldwin.
- Deborah Eisenberg.
- Roberto Bolaño.
Who was the first writer of the world?
The writer, poet and priestess composed several works of literature but is largely forgotten by the modern world. The world’s first known author is widely considered to be Enheduanna, a woman who lived in the 23rd century BCE in ancient Mesopotamia (approximately 2285-2250 BCE).
Who is the best Indian writer?
10 Famous Indian Authors You Must Read
- Chetan Bhagat. Cited by The New York Times in 2008 as the biggest selling English language novelist in India’s history, Chetan Bhagat is author, screenwriter, columnist and TV personality.
- Amrita Pritam.
- Jhumpa Lahiri.
- Khushwant Singh.
- R. K. Narayan.
- Rabindranath Tagore.
- Ruskin Bond.
- Vikram Seth.