Step 1: Removing the drive from Device Manager
- Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- Click the Hardware tab, and then click the Device Manager button.
- Click the plus sign (+) next to DVD/CD-ROM drives.
- Right-click the drive you want to remove.
- Click Uninstall.
How do I disable CD writer?
Option 2 – Group Policy
- Hold the Windows Key, then press “R” to bring up the Run dialog box.
- Type “gpedit.
- Go to “User Configuration” > “Administrative Templates” > “Windows Components” > “File Explorer“.
- Open the “Remove CD Burning Features” setting.
- Set the policy to “Enabled” to disable disc burning.
How can I hide or remove CD drive in this PC?
How to hide a drive using Disk Management
- Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut and select Disk Management.
- Right-click the drive you want to hide and choose Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- Select the drive letter and click the Remove button.
- Click Yes to confirm.
How do I erase a CD ROM?
Double-clicking on the CD/DVD drive icon will open the CD-RW you’ve inserted in it so that you can see all of the files that are currently on it. From here you can choose the items you want to delete or select all. Then right -click and choose Delete or use the Delete key on your keyboard.
How do I disable DVD writer?
You can disable the device from the Device Manager without opening its Properties window by right-clicking the device and choosing ” Disable ” from the context menu. To re-enable the drive, open the Device Manager, open the drive’s Properties window, select the “Driver” tab and then click the “Enable” button. Click “OK.”
How do I burn a CD?
Open the disc drive, insert a blank CD-R, data CD, or DVD, and close the drive. If the AutoPlay dialogue box opens, close it. If your computer has multiple drives, click the Burn Options menu, click More burn options, and then click the Devices tab to select the drive you want to use.
How do I erase a CD in Windows 10?
Boot to the Windows 10 desktop, then launch Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and clicking Device Manager. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the optical drive listed, then click Uninstall.
How do I remove a virtual CD drive in Windows 10?
Press the Win+R in combination to open the ‘Run’ dialog box. Type ‘diskmgmt. msc ‘ in Run and click OK to open Disk Management. When the Disk Management console opens up, right-click the virtual disk listed in the Volume column and select ‘Delete Volume’.
How do I eject a CD from Windows 10?
- Turn off all applications currently using the drive. Otherwise Windows will prevent ejecting the DVD tray.
- Press Windows + E on the keyboard to open File Explorer.
- Right-click the optical drive and choose Eject from the pop-up menu.
How do I eject a CD from my HP Computer?
In the Computer window, select the icon for the disc drive that is stuck, right-click the icon, and then click Eject. The disc tray should open.
What is an optical drive for a Computer?
In the simplest terms, an optical drive is the piece of hardware that lets a device read and interact with a disc. These discs can be CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, game discs, and more. All optical drives are based on the same fundamental technology.
How do I remove a virtual CD DVD drive from my computer?
To delete virtual drives with the Disk Management Console, press the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut for Run. Input ‘diskmgmt. msc’ in Run and click OK to open Disk Management. Right-click the virtual disk listed in the Volume column and select Delete Volume.
How do I delete files on a CD that is read only?
Use the Properties Menu to Eliminate the Read Only Attribute. Right-click the file in Windows Explorer. Choose “Properties” from the drop-down menu. Uncheck the box next to the “Read Only” option in the “Properties” menu.