The 10 Greatest Authors of All Time
- Leo Tolstoy – 327.
- William Shakespeare – 293.
- James Joyce – 194.
- Vladimir Nabokov – 190.
- Fyodor Dostoevsky – 177.
- William Faulkner – 173.
- Charles Dickens – 168.
- Anton Checkhov – 165.
Who is the greatest writer alive?
The 10 best living American novelists
- Jonathan Franzen. Getty Images.
- Michael Chabon. Getty Images.
- Bret Easton Ellis. Alamy.
- George Saunders. Getty Images.
- Rachel Kushner. Getty Images.
- Anne Tyler. Getty Images.
- Stephen King. Getty Images.
- Percival Everett. Alamy.
Who is World No 1 author?
1. James Patterson — £71.3 million ($95 million) James Patterson is the world’s highest-paid author by a wide margin, and has been the world’s best-selling author since 2001. He has sold more than 350 million books worldwide, and is most famous for the “Alex Cross” crime novel series.
Who is the greatest English author of all time?
It’s worth also pointing out that here at NoSweatShakespeare we have no doubt that William Shakespeare is by far the best (and probably most famous) writer in English literary history.
Who is the best writer and why?
Famous Authors: The 30 Greatest Writers Of All Time
- Lewis Carroll (Charles Lutwidge Dodgson) 1832-1898.
- James Joyce 1882-1941.
- Franz Kafka 1883-1924.
- T.S. Eliot 1888-1965.
- F Scott Fitzgerald 1896-1940.
- Jorge Luis Borges 1899-1986.
- George Orwell 1903-1950.
- Gabriel Garcia Marques 1927-2014.
Who wrote Twilight?
Stephenie Meyer, shown here in 2015, says she plans to release another “Twilight” book. Fifteen years after the first “Twilight” book was released, author Stephenie Meyer has announced she will release “Midnight Sun,” the prequel to the saga long anticipated by fans.
Who is the richest author?
1. JK Rowling – Topping the list of the richest authors. With a net worth of $1 billion, JK Rowling currently has the accolade of being the richest author in the world and is also the first author to ever achieve this level of financial success from their writing.
Who is the highest paid author?
Net Worth: $178 Million Dan Brown is an American author who is best known for his novel “The Da Cinci Code”. Brown is the highest-paid author in the world, and his bestselling books “The Da Vinci Code” and “Angels and Demons” is considered to be two of the popular movies in the world.
Who is the father of English?
Who is known as the father of the English language? Geoffrey Chaucer. He was born in London sometime between 1340 and 1344. He was an English author, poet, philosopher, bureaucrat (courtier), and diplomat.
What book has sold the most copies?
According to Guinness World Records as of 1995, the Bible is the best-selling book of all time with an estimated 5 billion copies sold and distributed. Sales estimates for other printed religious texts include at least 800 million copies for the Qur’an and 190 million copies for the Book of Mormon.
Who wrote the most novels?
Brazilian author Ryoki Inoue holds the Guinness World Record for being the most prolific author with 1,075 books published under many pseudonyms. Inoue would write all day and all night until he finished a book.