How do you cite the Norton Anthology of American Literature 8th edition?
Write “Vol.” followed by the volume of the edition from which you drew the text. Type a period after the volume number or letter. Write the following publication information after the volume number: New York, NY: W. W. Norton & Company, Inc., 2006.
How do you cite the Norton Anthology?
Citing the Norton Anthology
- WORKS CITED:
- Author’s last name, first name.
- IN TEXT: Use parenthetical citations AFTER the quote!
- AVOID SAYING PAGE/LINE NUMBERS IN SENTENCE ITSELF: In Chapter 1, Arjuna says, “O Krishna, what good is kingship?/What good even life and pleasure?”
How do you cite the Norton Introduction to Literature in MLA?
In-Text Citation Format: (Editor’s or Editors’ Last Name(s) Page Number). Example: Mays, Kelly J., editor. The Norton Introduction to Literature. Shorter 12th ed., W.W. Norton, 2016.
How do you cite the Norton Anthology of Theory and Criticism?
How to cite “The Norton anthology of theory and criticism” by Cain et al.
- APA. Cain, W. E., Finke, L. A., Johnson, B. E., McGowan, J., Sharpley-Whiting, T. D., & Williams, J. J. (Eds.). (2010).
- Chicago. Cain, William E., Laurie A. Finke, Barbara E.
- MLA. Cain, William E., et al., editors.
How do you do a work cited page?
- Begin your Works Cited page on a separate page at the end of your research paper.
- Label the page Works Cited (do not italicize the words Works Cited or put them in quotation marks) and center the words Works Cited at the top of the page.
- Double space all citations, but do not skip spaces between entries.
When was the Norton Anthology of English Literature 9th edition published?
The ninth edition was released in 2012, marking 50 years of the anthology’s existence.
How do you cite a library book?
- Author (last name, initials only for first & middle names)
- Publication date.
- Title (in italics; capitalize only the first word of title and subtitle, and proper nouns)
- Publisher (Note: do not include publisher location)
- For books retrieved online, include DOI, if available.
How do you cite Gilgamesh in text?
Type a period, a space, and “Epic of Gilgamesh” in italics followed by a period. Type the edition number of the specific book you are looking at. For example, “3rd ed.” Type the name of the city, a comma, and the abbreviation for the state where the book was published.
How do u cite a website?
Cite web postings as you would a standard web entry. Provide the author of the work, the title of the posting in quotation marks, the web site name in italics, the publisher, and the posting date. Follow with the date of access. Include screen names as author names when author name is not known.
Who is the publisher of The Norton Introduction to Literature?
Publisher: Norton, W. W. & Company, Inc.
How do you cite a story from a textbook?
MLA Short Story Textbook Citation Format
Author’s Last, First Name. “Short Story Title.” Title of Collection, edited by Editor’s Name, Edition, Publisher, Year, pp. xx-xx.
How do you cite Norton Critical Edition MLA?
To cite a critical essay published in the same volume as a literary work, follow the MLA format template. List the author of the essay, followed by the title. Then list the name of the volume from which you accessed the essay, followed by the the volume’s publication details.
How do you cite an anthology MLA?
To cite an anthology in MLA of works by the same author, you include the author of the work, title, collection title, editor’s name, publisher, year, and page range. An example of an MLA anthology citation includes: Frost, Robert.