Terms in this set (21)
- The best way to convey the “you” attitude is to express your message in terms of.
- It is best to limit your use of the work “you” in business messages if.
- To improve your audience sensitivity.
- To establish credibility with your audience, you should.
What is meant by writing with the YOU attitude?
“You-attitude,” a phrase used by Kitty O. Locker in Business and Administrative Communication, refers to a style of writing that puts readers’ needs first. Specifically, you-attitude “ emphasiz[es] what the reader wants to know, respecting the reader’s intelligence, and protecting the reader’s ego ” (Locker 36).
How do you write an attitude?
Writing With “You-Attitude”
- Keep the focus on the reader.
- When responding to a request, be clear.
- Avoid jargon, but don’t patronize.
- When sharing positive information, make use of second person.
- Avoid use of second person in negative situations.
- Be sincere with the audience.
- Modified from:
How do you emphasize your attitude?
To apply the you-attitude, use the following techniques:
- Write with a specific purpose in mind, but focus not on what you will gain but on what the reader receives, wants, or can do.
- Refer to the reader’s request or order specifically.
- Anticipate, but don’t presume to know how a reader will react or feel.
What is you attitude give suitable example?
In professional writing, the “you attitude” means looking at a topic from the reader’s point of view (“you”) instead of our own (“me”): Me Attitude: I have requested that your order is sent out today. You Attitude: You will receive your order by Wednesday.
How can I create you attitude beyond the sentence level?
How can you create you-attitude beyond the sentence level? by using organization, content, and layout as well as style to build good will.
What is attitude and example?
The definition of an attitude is a way of feeling or acting toward a person, thing or situation. Passion for a sport, dislike for a certain actor and negativity toward life in general are each an example of an attitude. To kneel in an attitude of prayer.
How do you determine the author’s attitude?
The author’s attitude is expressed through the words and details he or she selects. For example, textbooks are usually written with an objective tone which includes facts and reasonable explanations. The objective tone is matter-of-fact and neutral. The details are mostly facts.
What is the important of attitude?
The importance of attitude is that it is the basis for everything in our lives. Our attitude determines how we react to adversity, our ability to grow and to learn, our ability to overcome challenges, and create bonds with others.
What are five ways to create positive emphasis?
Create positive emphasis by using the following five techniques:
- Avoid negative words and words with negative connotations.
- Focus on what the audience can do rather than on limitations.
- Justify negative information by giving a reason or linking it to an audience benefit.
- If the negative is truly unimportant, omit it.
What is attitude in communication?
Communication Attitudes: A Formal Approach to Ostensible Intentions, and Individual and Group Opinions. Page 1. Communication Attitudes: A Formal. Approach to Ostensible Intentions, and. Individual and Group Opinions.
Do you have to use word you to demonstrate you attitude?
Your questions are welcome. You Attitude requires that you avoid imperative verbs and the word ‘you’ and ‘your’ in the body of the document. For example: Incorrect: “Centralize on your reader’s goals and what they want to know.”
What is I you and we attitude in communication?
In communication studies, this is known as the you-attitude. In elementary terms, the you-approach involves the use of pronouns that do not project the writer, but focus on the reader. Avoid first person pronouns such as I, we and our; prefer the second person, and use you and your liberally.
What are the benefits of you attitude?
Benefits of a Positive Attitude
- Better heart health. Our positive or negative thoughts and attitudes can impact our hearts.
- An active, curious mind.
- Increased productivity at work.
- Overcoming obstacles becomes easier.
- Better relationships and social life.
- Better recovery process.
What is the importance of you viewpoint in communication?
The You-viewpoint will make you—sender of the message— better informed to use your understanding of the receiver’s knowledge to influence the ideas you include and the amount of explanation you give. Moreover, you will be able to use words the receiver will understand and accept.