Is English literature a good degree?
Generally speaking, English literature is a degree well respected by potential employers owing to the numerous transferable skills it demonstrates.
How much do literature majors make?
The average general English literature major who graduates from a school in the United States earns about $27,025 per year during the early years of their career. Unfortunately, that is 32% less than the average salary of a typical college graduate. However, graduates from the schools below may make more than this.
What kind of jobs can you get with a bachelor’s degree in English?
English Career Outlook
|Job Title||Entry-Level (0-12 months)||Experienced (10-19 Years)|
|High School Teacher||$40,940||$55,700|
Is English a useless degree?
An English degree is useless in STEM fields and in accounting and finance (as examples only), although not necessarily useless in journalism, writing, business admin, and similar types of positions. Being able to communicate effectively with others is an excellent skill for anyone to possess.
Is English literature a difficult degree?
English Literature, contrary to popular belief, is hard to study. Unlike what most people assume, Literature students do not go about reading novels everyday and a simple interest in reading and/or proficiency in the English Language is not sufficient to understand Literature.
Are English majors in demand?
There are no jobs for English majors. Writing is not in demand. You might as well major in psychology. In fact, stay away from all arts degrees.
Is English an easy major?
English isn’t the easiest college major. It is quite hard unless you don’t pay attention or do not have any interest in the subject. But with some little effort and interest you can make it easier than any other majors. And if you love writing or like to improve your writing skills then its the best major ever.
What major makes the most money?
The 12 Highest Paying College Majors
- Business Operations Research.
- Political Economics.
- Business Analytics. Starting salary: $57,200.
- Pharmacist. Starting salary: $79,600.
- Aeronautics. Starting salary: $73,100.
- Economics. Starting salary: $60,100.
- Accounting. Starting salary: $56,400.
- Business Management. Starting salary: $61,000.
How do English majors make money?
4 High-Paying Jobs for English Majors
- Marketing Manager. Companies depend on marketing experts to develop strategic content and messaging to attract customers and increase sales.
- Public Relations Manager. Public relations managers—as well as managers in fundraising—enhance the image of their client or company.
- Technical Writer.
- Writer, Journalist, or Author.
Can you get a job with an English degree?
Jobs You Can Get With an English Degree
Of course, graduates with a bachelor’s in English can find work in K-12 classrooms, usually after pursuing a state certification or a master’s degree in education, but those interested in more international endeavors can also find work teaching English abroad.
What kind of major is English?
What Is an English Major? An English major is a humanities degree option that comes with plenty of opportunities for students to explore different styles of expression. An undergraduate background in English is useful for graduate and professional programs in fields like journalism, law and business.
What are the most useless degrees?
Here’s the list of the most useless degrees, as perceived by several sites.
- Advertising and public relations.
- Anthropology / Archaeology.
- Communications / Mass media.
- Criminal justice.
- Ethnic and civilization studies.
- Fashion design.
- Film, video, and photographic arts.
What are the most useless degrees UK?
The 10 Most Useless University Degrees
- Culinary arts. Budding chefs may previously have thought that culinary college is a no-brainer, but recent statistics actually suggest otherwise.
- Fashion design. On the surface, a degree in fashion design isn’t necessarily a lost cause.
- Art history.
- Liberal arts.
- Studio arts and fine art.
Are English majors smart?
Subject: Re:Are English majors considered smart? Anonymous wrote: Yes, usually smart because usually well-read with excellent writing skills. Agree that it is a path to further graduate school, though, not immediate employment. Sadly, many of them double down and get an equally useless graduate degree.