What is the most beautiful sentence?
“Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.” 24. “In spite of everything, I still believe people are really good at heart.”
What are the most famous opening lines for books?
15 of the best first lines in fiction
- ‘Call me Ishmael’
- ‘I am an invisible man’
- ‘The story so far: in the beginning, the universe was created.
- ‘Mother died today.
- ‘It was a queer, sultry summer, the summer they electrocuted the Rosenbergs, and I didn’t know what I was doing in New York’
- ‘Ships at a distance have every man’s wish on board’
What is the most famous quote?
Most Famous Quotes
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” –
- “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.” –
- “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear.” –
- “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples.” –
Which is the best literature?
12 Novels Considered the “Greatest Book Ever Written”
- Anna Karenina. Greta Garbo in Anna Karenina.
- To Kill a Mockingbird. To Kill a Mockingbird.
- The Great Gatsby. F.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude. Gabriel García Márquez.
- A Passage to India. E.M. Forster.
- Invisible Man. Ralph Ellison.
- Don Quixote. Don Quixote.
- Beloved. Toni Morrison.
What is the best sentence ever written?
51 Of The Greatest Sentences Ever Written In Literature
- “It takes great deal of courage to see the world in all its tainted glory, and still to love it.”
- “Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.”
- “What we once enjoyed we can never lose.
- “He’s more myself than I am.
What is the most famous lines in English literature?
Famous Literary Quotes
- “It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to than I have ever known.”
- “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
- “You have brains in your head.
- “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.”
What is the first line of The Great Gatsby?
The first line reads: ‘In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since. Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone, he told me, just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.
What is the first line of Ulysses?
Ulysses (1922)“Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed.” This is the classic third-person opening to the 20th-century novel that has shaped modern fiction, pro and anti, for almost a hundred years.
What is the first line of Lord of the Rings?
J. R. R. Tolkien (1954)
“When Mr Bilbo Baggins of Bag End announced that he would shortly be celebrating his eleventy-first birthday with a party of special magnificence, there was much talk and excitement in Hobbiton.”
What is a good positive quote?
“Let your unique awesomeness and positive energy inspire confidence in others.” “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.” “If you want light to come into your life, you need to stand where it is shining.” “Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.”
What are inspiring words?
What Are Some Uplifting and Positive Inspirational Words?
- Accomplish. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.”
- Action. “Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
- Ambition. “Ambition is the path to success.
- Believe. “Believe it can be done.
Do your best famous quotes?
Do Your Best Quotes
- A problem is a chance for you to do your best.
- Always Do Your Best.
- I believe that in life, you have to give things your best shot, do your best.
- Perfection is impossible; just strive to do your best.
- If you work hard and you do your best, you can do anything.
What are the top 5 books you must read?
- To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee.
- The Great Gatsby, by F Scott Fitzgerald.
- Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe.
- Moby-Dick, by Herman Melville.
- The Color Purple, by Alice Walker.
- Catch-22, by Joseph Heller.
- Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand.
- The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien.
Which country has the best literature?
For consistency of great literature, it’s hard to beat Russia. It’s true, particularly in the 19th Century, Russia produced a great number of excellent writers: Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Turgenev, Gogol, Chekhov, etc.
What is the most difficult book to read?
The 25 Most Challenging Books You Will Ever Read
- Finnegans Wake by James Joyce (1939)
- The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner (1929)
- The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer (14th Century)
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez (1967)
- Gravity’s Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon (1973)
- The Female Man by Joanna Russ (1975)