As the Al-Anon literature says, “Detachment is neither kind nor unkind. It does not imply judgment or condemnation of the person or situation from which we are detaching. It is simply a means that allows us to separate ourselves from the adverse effects that another person’s alcoholism can have upon our lives.”17 sep. 2020
According to Al-Anon literature, “ Detachment is neither kind nor unkind. It does not imply judgment or condemnation of the person or situation from which we are detaching. It is simply a means that allows us to separate ourselves from the adverse effects that another person’s alcoholism can have upon our lives.”
What is detaching with love?
Detachment with love means caring enough about others to allow them to learn from their mistakes. It also means being responsible for our own welfare and making decisions without ulterior motives-the desire to control others. Understood this way, detachment with love plants the seeds of helping an addict with recovery.
What does AFG mean in Alanon?
Al-Anon Family Groups (AFG) is a community resource providing support to anyone affected by a relative or friend’s drinking.
What are the spiritual principles of Al-Anon?
The 12 spiritual principles of recovery are as follows: acceptance, hope, faith, courage, honesty, patience, humility, willingness, brotherly-love, integrity, self-discipline, and service.
What are the Al-Anon slogans?
The Al-Anon Slogans
- How Important Is It? “It’s not important for me to comment on everything I hear.
- Easy Does It. ““Easy Does It” suggests not only that I learn to slow down, but also that I learn to lighten up.
- Keep an Open Mind.
- Progress Not Perfection.
- Keep Coming Back.
- But for the Grace of God.
- One Day at a Time.
How do you detach and still love?
How to detach with love
- Not giving unsolicited advice.
- Setting boundaries.
- Allowing others to experience the natural consequences of their actions.
- Recognizing that your feelings and needs are valid.
- Expressing your own opinions and feelings.
- Taking a time-out from an unproductive or hurtful argument.
How do I detach myself from someone?
How To Emotionally Detach Yourself From Someone?
- Find A Very Concrete Reason Why You Want The Detachment.
- Start Small But Take Gradual Steps.
- Invest In Your Skills, Keep Yourself Preoccupied.
- Don’t Let Someone Come Too Close To You.
- Think Forward And Forgive If Needed.
- Seek Help From Therapists.
What does Q mean in Al-Anon?
ODAAT: one day at a time. OPEN MEETING: a meeting of AA or Al–Anon that may be attended by anyone who is interested. Q-tip: Quit taking it personally. TYFS OR TFS: Thank you for sharing. WSO: World Service Organization Al-Anons headquarters.
What does detachment mean in Al-Anon?
As the Al–Anon literature says, “Detachment is neither kind nor unkind. It does not imply judgment or condemnation of the person or situation from which we are detaching. It is simply a means that allows us to separate ourselves from the adverse effects that another person’s alcoholism can have upon our lives.”
Is there a difference between Al-Anon and AA?
Both AA and Al–Anon are support groups. However, AA is for people struggling with or recovering from alcohol use disorder; Al–Anon is for people whose family members have histories of alcohol use disorder.
What are the 12 principles of the 12 steps?
The main principles underneath each of the 12 steps:
What are the principles of recovery?
Holistic: Recovery focuses on people’s entire lives, including mind, body, spirit and community. Nonlinear: Recovery isn’t a step-by-step process but one based on continual growth, occasional setbacks and learning from experience. Strengths-based: Recovery builds on people’s strengths.
What are Al-Anon 12 steps?
The Twelve Steps
- We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
Is there a big book for Al-Anon?
Indexed. Al‑Anon’s “basic book” reflects the shared wisdom of Al‑Anon members today. The most comprehensive book on Al‑Anon is excellent for personal and meeting study. B-32, 416 pages.
What is the Al-Anon prayer?
God, grant me the serenity To accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference.
What is the AA saying?
To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.