Poetry Friday: Valerie Worth Poems – TWO WRITING TEACHERS
- Some lovely small poems by Valerie Worth: chairs. Chairs Seem To Sit Down On Themselves, almost as if They were people, Some fat, some thin; Settled comfortably On their own seats, Some even stretch out their arms To Rest. pail. A new pail, Straight, tight Brushed to a cold Silver shine, Soon learns Other ways: Once filled with Oats or ashes, Grayed by rain, Its handle
When did Valerie Worth start writing poetry?
She graduated from Swarthmore in 1955. After settling in Clinton, she joined an informal writing group at Kirkland College and met Natalie Babbitt, an author and illustrator who then furnished the black-and-white drawings for her work, starting with “Small Poems” in 1972.
When did Valerie Worth die?
31 июля 1994 г.
What poems did Valerie Worth write?
- The Crone’s Book of Words (1971)
- Small Poems (1972)
- More Small Poems. ( 1976)
- Still More Small Poems (1978)
- Curlicues: The Fortunes of Two Pug Dogs (1980)
- Gypsy Gold (1983)
- Fox Hill (1986)
- Small Poems Again (1986)
When was Valerie Worth born?
29 октября 1933 г.
How much is Valerie Worth?
Valerie BertinelliNet Worth:$20 MillionDate of Birth:Apr 23, 1960 (60 years old)Gender:FemaleHeight:5 ft 4 in (1.64 m)Profession:Actor, Spokesperson