Examples of Personification in Poetry:
- The breeze kissed my cheek.
- When I got home from school my dog smiled at me.
- The blanket wrapped its arms around me.
- Rays of sunshine danced through the trees.
- The chainsaw hummed a tune.
What is an example of personification in a poem?
Examples of Personification in Poetry:
The breeze kissed my cheek. When I got home from school my dog smiled at me. The blanket wrapped its arms around me. Rays of sunshine danced through the trees.
What is personification and give 5 examples?
Common Personification Examples
Lightning danced across the sky. The wind howled in the night. The car complained as the key was roughly turned in its ignition. Rita heard the last piece of pie calling her name. My alarm clock yells at me to get out of bed every morning.
How is personification used in poetry?
In poetry, personification is used to allow non-human things to take on human traits and emotions. Poets can use personification to make inanimate objects, such as a mirror, express feelings and perform actions.
What can personification show?
Why is it important? Personification connects readers with the object that is personified. Personification can make descriptions of non-human entities more vivid, or can help readers understand, sympathize with, or react emotionally to non-human characters.
What are the 5 examples of metaphor?
Everyday Life Metaphors
- John’s suggestion was just a Band-Aid for the problem.
- The cast on his broken leg was a plaster shackle.
- Laughter is the music of the soul.
- America is a melting pot.
- Her lovely voice was music to his ears.
- The world is a stage.
- My kid’s room is a disaster area.
- Life is a rollercoaster.
How do we write personification?
How to Write a Personification
- Think of the feeling you want to express or draw out.
- Now think of a situation that would fit that feeling.
- Use personification by describing the objects and scene as if they were people showing that feeling.
What is personification in grammar?
1mass noun The attribution of a personal nature or human characteristics to something non-human, or the representation of an abstract quality in human form. ‘the book provides a sustained account of how literary personification works’ More example sentences.
Which of these is an example of personification?
“The stars winked at me” is the personification.
For example, The stars in the Heaven exclaimed, “You can’t go”-this is an example of personification. If you imagine a non living object communicate with you then it is your imagination and this is called personification.
What are the 5 examples of apostrophe?
- Twinkle, twinkle, little star, how I wonder what you are. ( …
- O holy night! …
- Then come, sweet death, and rid me of this grief. ( …
- O, pardon me, thou bleeding piece of earth. ( …
- Roll on, thou deep and dark blue Ocean – roll! ( …
- Welcome, O life!
What does personification mean in poetry?
Personification: A Definition
Fundamentally, personification is a specific type of metaphor. Generally, personification is defined as a literary device that assigns human qualities and attributes to objects or other non-human things.
Is personification a comparison?
Personification is a form of metaphor, a comparison that does not claim an object or action is “like” another object or action, but that is literally the same object or action, but with the added caveat that the object being described is not human, but being described as human.
Where is personification used?
Personification is much used in visual arts. Examples in writing are “the leaves waved in the wind”, “the ocean heaved a sigh” or “the Sun smiled at us”. In easy language personification is just giving an example of a living being for a non-living thing. “The wind shouted”.
What are the 7 figurative language?
This bundle contains 15 ready-to-use figurative language worksheets that are perfect for students to learn about and identify the seven common types of figurative language: simile, metaphor, idioms, personification, onomatopoeia, alliteration and hyperbole.
How do you use personification in a sentence?
Personification sentence examples
- He was the personification of evil. …
- She is the personification of the earth suffering from drought, on which the fertilizing rain descends from heaven. …
- Her bright and airy living room decor is the personification of spring. …
- It was the personification of an abstract idea.